|20| a little too much

Odette's Pov

Shawn drove us to his place and led me inside. The whole car ride was quiet and kind of awkward. I had nothing to say, my mind was traveling in another mentality.

"Is anybody home?" Shawn asked loudly when we got in. A few seconds passed and then a sweet female voice called his name.

"Shawn!" A thin female figure appeared from the kitchen. "Hey mom." Shawn hugged her and then turned to me. "Mom this is Odette, my girlfriend. Odette that's my mom, Karen." Shawn introduced me to his mother.

"Nice to meet you miss Mendes." I smiled. "Call me Karen sweetie. And the pleasure is all mine, I've heard so much about you." She pulled me in an embrace.

"Mom, Odette will be staying with us for a couple of days if that's not a problem. She had a rough day." Shawn said. "Its not a problem at all. You can stay for as long as you want with us." She rubbed my shoulder comforting me.

"So, shall we go upstairs?" Shawn asked me smiling. "Sure." I replied. He took my large bag from the floor and started walking towards the stairs.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm showing off about the fact that I'm a gentleman." He said while walking up the stairs as I heard his mom giggling behind me. I followed him into his room.

"Here we are miss Conte, the royal suite." Shawn jokingly said. "Thank you mister Mendes." I said looking around.

I sat on the edge of the large bed.

"What can I do to bring your smile back?" He fell on his knees in front of me. "You can't reverse time so.." I said lowering my head. "Why would you want to reverse time?" He asked me. "If I could reverse time maybe my mom wouldn't tell my dad to hurry cause I had my stupid birthday and he would never had gotten into that car accident. Nothing of those would have happened if my dad was alive now." I said.

"If your dad was alive then most probably you would have never met me." Shawn said softly making my heart beat like crazy in the idea of not having him in my life. I placed both of my palms on his cheeks. "I wouldn't change you for anyone Shawn." I almost whispered.

"Well even if you were living in the north pole I would find you. Soulmates find their way to each other's arms one way or another. At least that's what I heard." He touched my neck with his heavenly made hands. "I love you so much Od."  He placed a kiss on the tip of my nose. I couldn't help but smile listening to the way he called me.

"I love you more than you think I do." I said letting out a soft smile.

I decided to take a shower to relax before going to bed that night.

"Shawn?" I called out his name softly when I stepped in the bedroom. The lights were turned off and the only thing I could hear were subtle guitar notes. I followed the sound and I found Shawn sitting on the window with his guitar.

"Can you sing to me?" I asked whispering. Shawn smiled nodding.

"She would not show that she was afraid,
But being and feeling alone was too much to face,
Though everyone said that she was so strong,
What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on"

I interrupted him surprised by those lyrics. "Is that a new song?" I asked. "Yeah its all about you and your past." He explained making my heart melt.
He kept on with this song which he named a little too much and all I could think about was his mesmerizing voice that hugged my ears and calmed me down.

I sat next to him on the window admiring every inch of his perfect pale skin. He was shining threw the moonlight that was reflecting on his skin.

"I've never mentioned that actually but I have a fetish for the moonlight." I said. "I don't blame you, its beautiful." His hand found mine and grabbed it gently. "Just like you." I took my eyes off the moon and looked at him.

And that's when it hit me, I'm so in love with this person.

~Next Day~

Shawn and I went to school that day since we couldn't skip it.

I actually didn't want to attend school. This place was a torture for me. I hated the fact that I had to see everyone I disliked in that place. Not having Shawn with me all the time was making it harder since we didn't have all classes in common.

I walked in my spanish class discouraged of staying in a room full of people that made my life a living hell for about an hour.

"What's up slut?" I heard someone asking. I turned my head and I saw a guy sitting next to Maggie, he was the one that talked to me. I ignored him and I sat on my desk. I heard a couple of gigglings behind me but I minded my own business.

A small piece of paper hit the back of my head out of the blue.

I didn't pay much attention to that and I took my pen out waiting for the teacher to arrive.

A few small pieces of paper followed the last one before I decided to check who the hell was throwing them.

I saw Maggie laughing with Harvey, what did I expected. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Odette." The guy next to me whispered and then he left a paper on my desk. Confused as I was I decided to take a look at that paper.

"Odette is such a whore."

A single tear streamed down my cheek when I read what was written on that paper.

The entire class burst into laughter and the next moment I stormed out of the classroom holding that paper in my hands.

I didn't even pay attention to where I was going. I bumped onto Loren. Well fuck.

"Odette?" She said when she noticed I was crying. "Why are you crying?" She asked. I didn't reply, I didn't know how to justify myself. Her hands slowly took the paper I was holding and she quickly became furious after reading it.

"What the hell?!" She yelled "who wrote that?" And added.

"It doesn't matter Loren. Just don't tell anyone!" I placed the paper in my pocket. "Odette! People can't just bully you like that and not pay for their actions! How long has this been going on?" She asked. "It was just a joke between the classroom and me! No big deal!" I lied.

"But Odette-" I stopped her. "Just forget it Loren its nothing." I insisted and started walking away as fast as I could.

It all starts becoming a little too much. A little too much to handle...

__________________
Hellooooo

How's everyone? I hope you're having a great day and I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment for more!

💕 TILL NEXT TIME💕