|32| broken promise

Odette's Pov

"Odette." I heard Bradley's voice and a second later he walked in the room where I was sitting for the entire evening.

I wiped my tears away with a fast move and I turned to look at him. "Hey." I said. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling?" He asked me. "Empty." I simply said without looking at him.

"If you suffer why don't you call Shawn? He can pick you up and get you back home." Bradley suggested. "No I can't do that." I said sniffing my nose.

"Take a shower and we'll order something to eat afterwards." He said. I nodded and I stood up to walk in the shower.

I took a really long much needed shower trying hard to clear my mind and just relax. Needless to say I failed.

I wore my pajamas and I walked downstairs to find Bradley. His parents were off the town for a couple of days and he was staying alone. I guess, that's better because I wasn't sure if his parents would allow me to stay in their place.

"Hey how was the shower?" He smiled when he saw me. "Kinda relaxing." I said and I emotionless sat on the couch. "I ordered pizza." He handed me a box of pizza and he took another one. "I'm not really hungry." I said.

"You haven't eaten anything all day Odette! That's not healthy." He told me. "I just- I'm just not in the mood to eat Brad you don't need to act like my babysitter or something!" I said loudly and quickly regretted the way I talked to him.

"I'm sorry." I exhaled once before talking. "I just care about you that's all." He looked at me. "I know, and sorry for being an asshole all day. Thank you for everything you're doing for me. And thank you for letting a homeless girl stay in your place." I said making him giggle. "You're my friend, I want to help you and I'm just doing the right thing." He smiled.

"I think I'll just go to bed. We have school tomorrow." I said checking at the time. It was already midnight.

"Goodnight, and I promise you everything will be alright soon." Bradley told me and then gave me a tight hug. I stood up and started walking towards the stairs. "Don't promise me anything please." I told him and then headed to the bedroom.

I laid down and I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep.

~the next morning~

Bradley offered to drive me to school all though I didn't want to attend it today. I really didn't want to see Shawn or anyone else. I couldn't look at him in the eyes.

I walked in the building and run to my classroom trying to avoid bumping into Shawn.

When I entered the class I saw everyone around the announcement board.

They all turned to look at me and I just stood there not knowing what to do. I could hear whispers but I couldn't figure out what they were saying. I slowly approached the board and they all took a step back so I could see what was going on.

There were four photos pinned on the board. Four photos of the night at Justin's party.

"Odette is a slut." Was the only thing written on the photos.

"Who did this?" I yelled and quickly ripped the pictures off the board. Nobody said anything. I stormed out of the class crying and I headed to the bathrooms.

I got inside and threw the papers on the trashcan. I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't help but burst into tears. Everything sucked at this moment and I just wanted to disappear. I didn't want people to look at me drowning in my own tears.

I knew Maggie did this.

How could I be so stupid? How could I trust her?

I should have known from first place. She would break her promise and she would destroy me.

How can you be so stupid Odette?

Shawn's Pov

"

Hey Shawn!" I saw Maggie approaching me as I was walking to my car. I had a pretty tiring day in school and all I wanted to do is go back to my soft bed.

Plus, not seeing Odette for two days in a row is way harder than I thought. She was avoiding me the whole day and I didn't get even one chance to talk to her.

And talk is all I wanna do with her.

You can't break up with someone without giving a proper reason why right?

I rolled my eyes and I looked at Maggie. She was smiling but I couldn't do the same.

"If you're here to brag about the fact that Odette broke up with me then don't even try. Just leave." I told her. "I would never do that Shawn." She said.

I turned to my car ready to open the door and get inside. I wasn't in the mood for anything.

"But, why did she break up with you?" She asked. "None of your business." I said. "It is my business because I care about you. And just because I care I wanna give you this." She said and handed me a simple folder. "What is that?" I asked her confused.

"Maybe you girlfriend- oh wait, your ex girlfriend, wasn't the most loyal one. And maybe that's why she broke up with you." She said waiting for me to open the folder. "Odette was loyal. You know shit about her." I gave the folder back to her. "Maybe words can't persuade you but images can." She opened the folder herself and gave me one photo.

My jaw dropped on the floor when I took a look at it. It took me only one second to realise Harvey was on top of Odette in a bedroom I didn't recognize. Odette lied to me. I didn't even bother keeping a tear trail down my cheek.

"I bet she didn't even tell you she went to Justin's party did she?" Maggie asked me. "N-no she didn't." I whispered. "How can you fall for a person like that Shawn? Can't you see she just played with you?" She asked. "Odette would never do that." I told myself. "You can see it yourself that she's not the angel you thought she was Shawn. I know it hurts but admit it and move on. Life goes on and you don't deserve to be heartbroken over someone that didn't appreciate you enough." I didn't really pay attention to what Maggie was saying and I got completely distracted when I saw Harvey walking out of the building.

I quickly run towards him and punched him in the face. He was shocked at first but quickly got furious over my actions.

"What did you fucking do to my girlfriend?" I yelled after grabbing the fabric of his t-shirt. I tried so hard to control my anger but I think I failed because my fist found his face again. Harvey's nose started bleeding but he was fast to stand up again.

"It was what she wanted! It ain't my fault if your slut can't stay loyal!" He yelled at my face. I stood there trying to be strong and not cry in front of him for a couple of seconds.

I decided not to make this a big deal and I run back at my car, I got inside and speeded away from the school.

I turned the radio up as loud as I could so I couldn't hear my empty heartbeat anymore.

"Fucking hell!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

It was actually scary to physically feel my heart breaking that day.

__________________
Hellooo

Sorry for the sad chapter again:(

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, consider voting on it! Feel comfortable to leave a comment down bellow!

💕 TILL NEXT TIME💕