|38| too late

Shawn's Pov

"shawn!" i heard my sister's voice and a second later camila run up to me with her eyes filled with tears. she jumped in my hug and she closed me in her arms tightly.

"how is she?" she turned to look at me. i was hesitant to answer. i just looked at her with a blank face before i burst into tears again. "no no no shawn please dont cry. you gotta be strong. for her." camila said.

"i was late camila. i was too late." i said and my voice cracked in the middle of the sentence. i took a step back and i sat on the cold chair in that white lifeless hospital hallway, where everyone including me had a loved one fighting to survive in surgery.

after crying for so many hours i felt like there was no water left in my body.

"she will be fine. Odette is strong, she'll make it." camila tried to reasure me but it didnt work. "it was too late when i found her bleeding in the bathtub." i said covering my face with my hands.

"wanna explain what happened? how did you end up at her place?" she asked me. "Justin came to my place and told me the truth. Odette never cheated on me. Harvey raped her. it was all his and maggie's plan to make us break up." i said. "oh my gosh." she whispered shocked.

"i cant believe we didnt let her explain Shawn." she added. "i promised to never let anything happen to her and i failed. my baby got raped, she got bullied, she was left alone and she commited suicide. the person i loved the most didnt want to live anymore. Odette was going through hell and i did nothing to help her." i said.

camila rubbed my shoulder not knowing what to say.

"shawn! you guys!" ethan, bradley and loren arrived. i stood up and we had a group hug.

"she will be fine bro." bradley told me with teary eyes. "i dont know brad." i said without any colour to my voice.

camila was quick to explain what happened to them since i was struggling to even talk.

i sat there looking at the empty white wall feeling nothing. all i was thinking about was Odette. i was constantly praying for her.

"who's Shawn?" i heard a female voice asking. i turned my head and saw Odette's step dad and her mom looking for me. anger filled my body and i stood up immediatly.

"you fucking asshole!" i rushed onto her step dad and pushed him on the wall. "i saw the fucking letter you sent her! if Odette doesnt make it in the fucking surgery i swear i'll murder you!" i yelled so ready to punch him. ethan run up to me to hold me back.

"youre the one that hurt her the most! if she dies its all gonna be your fault!" he fired back at me making me even more furious. "you have part of the blame too!" i yelled.

"shawn please relax. lets just all calm down." camila said.

"what are you even doing here? you're nothing to her! get the fuck out of here!" i yelled to him ignoring my sister. "shes my daughter." he said. "shes not! she hates you!" i yelled.

"shawn. look at me. stop this. Odette needs you and your prayers. let it go." ethan tried to calm me down. i took a deep breath and i walked  back to my seat.

i stayed quiet for over an hour trying to ignore my increadibly strong temptation to smash his head on the wall.

a doctor came out of the surgery looking Odette's parents. "where is miss Anastasia Conte?" he asked. we all run up to him waiting to hear some good news about Odette's health. "how's Odette doctor?" i asked afraid of what i was about to hear since he didnt seem really happy.

"the situation is really difficult. she lost a lot of blood. be prepared for anything." the doctor said and walked away. i started crying again. "lovely." i whispered ironically.

"guys." i said looking at the floor. "if Odette dies i wont be able to live with it." i said and my voice cracked. "she will make it Shawn, im sure about it." camila told me. i looked at her and hugged her immediately. "she wont Camila. she wont. Odette wanted to end her life because of me. how can i be such a terrible person?" i cried out. " shawn Odette needs your positive energy! she will be fine. just pray for her." bradley told me.

 a nurse approched us "the doctor asked to talk to Odette's parents." she told us. "i am her mother." Anastasia said and i followed even though the doctor didnt ask for me.

"are you a relative sir?" the nurse asked me. "not exaclty. i am her boyfriend." i said. "im sorry but the doctor said only relatives." she said. "ive been her family for those past months! those people-" she interrupted me. "its the hospital's policy sir im sorry." the nurse said and camila held me back. i was so ready to punch Odette's step dad at that moment.

the nurse took them to the doctor's office and we were left behind waiting for a miracle to happen.

my thoughts were killing me. but at the same time I couldn't run away from them.

"hey do you want coffee?" Ethan offered me. "thank you." i took the cup in my hand and soon took a sip from it.

"i need some fresh air." i said after deciding to walk outside. ethan followed me even though i didn't ask him to. we walked out of the building and I had already started feeling better. the clean air hit me right in the face and i closed my eyes trying to clear my mind from all the bad thoughts that were going through it.

"should i ask how do you feel?" ethan asked me hesitantly.

i looked up at the sky exhaling once. "i feel, i feel empty. like life has been sucked out of me." I told him.

the doctor and Odette's parents came back about a quarter later. "is everything alright doctor?" i rushed up to him and immediately asked him.

"Odette's situation is getting worse. we're going to need some more blood during the surgery. her mom needs to donate some." the doctor explained. "i-i will donate blood too if I have to." i said. "i'll let you know if we need more kid." the doctor placed his arm on my shoulder.

"doctor! doctor!" a nurse rushed outside of the surgery room Odette was. "there's a problem with the heart rate monitor. we're losing her." she told him scaring me and all of us.

"what?" i yelled looking at the doctor. "let me see her!" i tried to sneak into the surgery room but the doctor stopped me. "you have to stay out of this kid. i'll be right back." he said and run inside.

"no wait! Odette!" i yelled since the nurse didn't allow me to even look inside.

"didn't you donate blood?" i turned to miss Anastasia. "i-i did." she said crying. "i can't lose her." i said looking deep into her eyes. Anastasia's eyes looked so much like Odette's and i caught myself staring at them. she approached me and gave me a tight hug. we cried on each other's shoulder.

"i can't lose Odette." i whispered. "i know son." she said. "she will make it. for you." her voice cracked.

the surgery door opened and the doctor hesitantly walked out of it towards us.

a part of me didn't want to hear what he had to say but i knew i had to. we all turned to look at him. there was a moment of silence when i could only hear my insane heartbeat.

"we-" he stopped there afraid to finish the sentence. "you what?" i yelled. "we lost her."

and in that moment my insane heartbeat stopped. my legs couldn't carry my body anymore. my vision became blurry. and everything around me became mute.

__________________
Hello there

So, i'm so emotional those days with those chapters its getting so hard to write them honestly.

but i guess we love a good drama

Hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment down bellow!

💕 TILL NEXT TIME💕