|19| my life is a lie

Odette's Pov

I woke up the next day in Shawn's arms. I realised he was still sleeping so I tried my best no to wake him up while I was trying to break free from his hug.

I walked into my bathroom and I took a look at myself in the mirror. The bruises on my face were still severely noticeable and looking at them I ended up tearing up again.

I opened the tub and I washed my face. I accidentally hit my face with my palms causing intense pain to myself. A shout came out of my mouth.

"Babe?" I heard Shawn's voice from the bedroom. "Are you okay?" He asked again. "Yeah I'm fine." I dried out my face with a white towel and I walked back in the bedroom.

Shawn stood up from the bed and gently pulled me back on it. "Good morning angel." He kissed my lips once smiling. "Morning." I smiled back. "Are you feeling better?" He asked. "Yeah I just don't wanna go to school today. Can we please stay home?" I asked politely. "Of course baby. We can do anything you like." He stroke my hair smiling. "Stay in bed all day it is then." I smiled making Shawn giggle. He pushed me against the mattress and kissed me a couple of times.

"I don't wanna lose this." I said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I don't wanna lose you." I said in a serious tone. "Why would you lose me baby?" He asked looking confused. "Sometimes life doesn't go by plan." I said. "But in our case it will go as we want it to. And nobody can change that." He smiled at me but unfortunately I couldn't do the same. "Why aren't you smiling?" He asked. I really wanted to tell him about what happened in school yesterday but I was too afraid to do so.

"I already missed seeing your smile." He talked again. "Give me one good reason to smile and I'll do it." I said. "I love you." He knew those words were my weakness, I couldn't help but smile satisfying him. "Is that reason enough?" He asked. "More than enough." I kissed his soft lips once.

"Let's go have breakfast now." He said standing up. "Don't tell me you know how to cook breakfast." I said standing up. "Of course I do." I laughed as he grabbed my hand and we run together downstairs.

I noticed a note my grandma had left on the fridge.

"I'll be back at 5. I need to talk to you about something important. Shawn can stay too. Love you honey"

Her note left me curious. What could be so essential that she wanted to talk to me so desperately?

"I'll go take a shower." I said after I finished my breakfast.

I walked upstairs in my bathroom and tied my hair in a messy bun. I took my t-shirt out and let it fall on the bathroom floor.

My eyes met a pair of sweet, soft hazel eyes looking at me with admiration.

I looked back at the mirror and took my bracelets off my wrist. I knew Shawn was following every move of mine with his eyes so I was sure my scars caught his attention. I've never showed my bare wrist to Shawn, so he had never seen them before.

He walked over me, touched my hand and took a closer look at my wrist.

His teary eyes found mine, I felt as if he was looking into my soul. "Tell me these aren't recent." He said and his voice cracked. "I used to cut myself when I was in San Diego." I whispered ready to burst in tears. "Baby..." he hugged me tighter than ever and his tears were hitting my shoulder.