|26| entirely yours

Odette's Pov

Yesterday night a police car was keeping the house safe and Shawn's arms were keeping me safe.

I woke up alone on the bed and I stood up assuming Shawn would be downstairs.

I got ready and walked towards the kitchen. I found the whole Mendes family taking breakfast in the dining room. I felt kind of awkward since I didn't belong to the family, at least biologically.

"Sweet." Shawn stood up from his chair when he saw me. I walked over him before he kissed me in front of everyone. I'm sure I blushed like crazy. "Come on sit down." He pulled a chair for me to sit next to him.

"How did you sleep honey?" Miss Karen asked. "I've slept better, but it was quiet peaceful." I told her. Shawn touched my hand that was on the table and I saw him smiling from the corner of my eye.

"I guess we're cancelling our weekend trip love. We can't leave the kids alone." Mister Manuel said to his wife.

"Dad, we're not kids. We can take care of ourselves. The girls have me. We'll be fine. Don't cancel it for us. Go, have some fun." Shawn said. I guess mister and miss Mendes planned on going to a trip this weekend.

"Mister and miss Mendes please don't cancel your trip because of what happened last night. I'll feel really bad if your plans get ruined cause of me." I said to both of them. They looked at each other for a moment.

"Okay we're leaving after lunch then. Shawn take good care of the girls." Mister Manuel said. "Dad we can take care of ourselves we're not five." Camila said making me giggle.

Shawn's Pov

Mom and dad were packing their stuff in the car while I went to talk to Camila.

"Camz." I whispered entering her bedroom. "What is it?" She asked. "Do have any plans for tonight?" I asked. "Yeah I was thinking that we could invite the whole company and watch a movie." She smiled. "Yeah we a small issue with that. You won't be able to sleep here today or invite anyone." I said waiting for her to deny it in my face. "Why?" She asked.

"Listen, right after mom and dad leave you'll take Odette for shopping, or just find an excuse to take her out. You'll drive her back home at 8 and then you'll head to Loren's house, where you'll be sleeping tonight." I explained. She looked confused. "And what are you going to to in the meanwhile?" She asked. "I'll go buy roses, oh and do you know where I can find those small candles?" I asked.

"Dad has a lot in his office wh-" she stopped herself and raised her eyebrow smirking. I realised she understood what I was planning to do. She stood up from her bed walked over her closet and started searching for something hidden between her cloths.

"Here you'll need those. We also have champagne in the kitchen." She said a couple of seconds later handing me a pack of condoms. I looked at her trying to realise if she was serious or not before she burst into laughter. Why did she even have condoms in her closet?

"Odette doesn't drink alcohol." I tried to remain serious. "She'll do an exception for the occasion." She said laughing.

"Stop laughing! Will you do this favour to me?" I asked. "Yeah I will." She rolled her eyes smirking. I smiled and hugged her tight. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I said loudly.

I was ready to walk out of her bedroom but I turned back. "Oh and if you tell our parents about this you're dead." I told her and then I kissed her cheek before running out of the room.

Odette's Pov

Camila dropped me at the house before driving to Loren's. She didn't justify why she wasn't coming in but I didn't insist.