Are you the queen of my heart (Ja'far x reader)

That's it, I'm leaving Sinbad for Ja'far.

******************************************

The moon was high in the sky when Ja'far opened his eyes. The same pictures continued flashing in his head, even while being awake.

He got up and left his room, without a noise. It would be problematic if he had to explain why he was awake at such a late time. Like he usually did when he had a nightmare, Ja'far headed to the kitchen, getting a glass of water.

But he stopped his track when he saw a familiar silhouette at the balcony.

(Y/N) was enjoying the beautiful night sky Sindria has to offer. She wasn't that much a talker about herself, so basically, her friends only knew that she liked the sky particularly at night.

"(Y/N)?"

She didn't hear the quiet whisper of Ja'far, who got closer to her. It's only when he put his hand on her shoulder, that she jumped in surprise. She quickly turned her head to face the worried look of the advisor.

"Ja'far? Why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I can't sleep."

"Well, me neither."

The former assassin stood by her side, watching the night sky and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of the kingdom, who was so different from the busy day time.

After some time, the young girl broke the silence.

"You had another nightmare, hadn't you?"

"... Yeah."

Every time Ja'far woke up in the middle of the night, he always encounters with (Y/N) in the empty halls of the palace. Even after a while, it was still surprising to find her up, always at the same time as him. Even if it was somehow strange, it didn't bother the white-haired man. After all, she always helped him dealing with his troubled sleep.

"You know what? I think I have something that could help you."

Snapping her friend out of his thoughts, she handed him her earphones.

"Isn't that the thing you always take with you?"

"Indeed it is. It's the last memory I have from my home, but I think you need it more than me."

"(Y/N), I can't accept it! It's way too precious for you!"

"And because it's precious for me, I want it to help you feel better."

She took the earphones and placed in on her friend's hears. She then pressed the 'play' button.

"... Music?"

"Yup."

"You like music?"

"I love music. Every time I listen to it, it helps me shush the dark thoughts in my head. I'm sure it will help you as well. Good night Ja'far."

(Y/N) left her shocked friend alone, heading back to her room.

Ja'far stood here alone for a while, not really understanding why she gave him such a precious thing. She always refused to let anyone touch it and now, she gave it to him.

With those troubled thoughts, the former assassin got back to bed.

The following nights, Ja'far realised that it really worked. The music helped him stay calm and let him sleep peacefully. The other generals have asked him why he had the precious treasure of (Y/N), only to come up with the same answer: she gave it to him. Quite hard to believe.

But even after keeping his nightmares away, Ja'far couldn't sleep.

It was late at night again, and the palace was quiet. The advisor was already awake, waiting for his friend to come watch the night sky. When he heard muffled footsteps, he knew it was her.

(Y/N) joined the advisor in the stargazing. They stood quiet for a while, until Ja'far handed her one of the earphones. He sighed in relief when she took it.

"Tell me, what is the title of this song?"

"'Are you the queen of my heart'."

It became their habit. Almost every night, they will listen to music and watch the night sky. They spent time together, shared their problems and dreams. It was rare to find them apart, even during the day. They will always be together, sharing earphones.

Some time passed, and the more Ja'far thought about it, the more obvious it became. He liked her. He liked her because she was there for him, she never judged, never interrupted. She listens in silence, only smiling, looking at him with those eyes full of compassion. He liked those quiet moments they shared. He liked every little thing.

It reached a point where he didn't want to hide it anymore. So one night...

The two of them were silent, only watching the sky, as always. It's only when a familiar song was heard, that Ja'far broke the silence.

"Tell me, what is the title of this song?"

"'Are you the queen of my heart'."

He took her hand. When their eyes met, it felt like time had stopped.

"(Y/N), will you become the queen of my heart?"

"Only if you become the king of mine."

*************************************

Here, have some love.