Shattering dream (Sinbad x reader)

Angsty shit ahead! First of this book! New success!

*************************************

You always thought that you were a tolerant woman. After all, you managed to handle it so far. But everybody has their limits, hasn't they? At first, you thought that it was a one-time thing, because his behaviour towards you didn't change. But then, you realised. His smile, the way he acted, it was exactly the same with everyone. Yet, he still said that you were special, that he loved you. You wanted to believe him, to trust his every word like you used to.

The first time, you managed to convince yourself that it was just an accident, that it meant nothing. Same for the second time. Now, it was twelfth one. The last shred of hope had already vanished, and you'd be a fool to think that you were still needed. After all, he seemed to have a lot of fun with all those girls that weren't you.

Worst of all, he was the one to propose to you, you the girl who always was on his side when the world was his enemy. You were the person he was looking at when doubt filled him, when everything was going wrong. You were his light, but it seems that you weren't bright enough to keep the butterfly by your side.

Maybe he never realised that you were watching, that you heard him leave all those nights, that even Ja'far told you that he was acting suspicious. Yet, you didn't want to see the cruel truth. But now, even the crazy in love girl that you were had noticed and had given up.

You were replaceable. You were like the others in his eyes, the same eyes you used to swore that they would never lie to you and yet, everything was just illusion. It was the end of a dream. And now you were ready to awake from it.

After all, you weren't like him, that's exactly why you directly confronted him. There won't be any notes, or any 'I loved you'. He broke your heart, now it was your turn to hurt.

It was raining in Sindria, just like the day he asked you out. It was a good thing, like the cloture of a cycle.

Knocking on his office door, you peered in to see him flashing you his signature smile. At first, you thought that you'll transform into a puddle made of your own tears, but that man didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve to see you this vulnerable, to see you breaking because he never returned your love.

"I want to break up."

Those words were enough to make him stop whatever the hell he was doing.

"You what?"

"I'm sick of this. I want to leave."

"B-But, (Y/N)- "

"There is nothing left to say. You made it clear, I'm replaceable. If it wasn't the case, I wouldn't have spotted you with twelve different girls in a month. Worst of all, you didn't even bother hiding it. Even Ja'far saw you."

"W-What? H-How? You were sleeping- "

"I don't sleep. Especially when the person I used to love more than my own life had left my side."

"(Y/N), let me explain."

"You don't have to justify your behaviour. After all, the base for a sane relationship is that both parties do whatever they want. Now, I want to leave, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

You didn't leave him the time to answer back. You just closed the door and left. You managed to say all those words with your usual smile, a calm behaviour without a hint of sadness. But in the inside, it was hurting. You weren't the type of person to get attached to people, fearing that they will reject you one day. But you believed in Sinbad. He made you feel alive, feel loved. With simple words, he was able to give you a reason to be. You needed him. You never wanted to let him go, but you will never be able to make him happy, so there wasn't any point in staying here anymore.

Opening the same door, he ran to catch up to you, who didn't give him a single glance. It was over, it was all over and nothing will ever fix what he had done. You gave him everything, but it seems that you weren't enough. But he still didn't want to let you go, grabbing your wrist, stopping you in your track.

"Let me go."

"(Y/N), please. I can explain."

"There is nothing to explain. Now if you have at least a little of humility, and maybe some love for me left, just let me go."

This day was the last one he saw you. The following one, everything that belonged to you disappeared.

There was only one thing left. Placed on what used to be your shared bed, was a small ring, broken in three pieces.

*******************************************

@MegaWatt123, hope you liked this ^^ *take a sip of your tears inside a mug* Mmm~ Salty.