Chapter 4

At the graveyard where Layla and Jude Heartfilia's tombs were, Lucy placed a bouquet of flowers on each tomb. Natsu, Happy, and Sora were silent as Lucy looked at the tombs. 

  Afterwards, they walked away. Lucy looked down while Natsu, Happy, and Sora didn't know what to say.

"Lucy..." Happy said.

"Happy." Natsu said. Happy looked at him, and Sora shook her head.

  As they walked, two annoying, snobbish, rich girls were walking, laughing while they talked about their dads. (A/N: I wanted to punch these girls so much.)

"My Dad smells sooo bad and he never shuts up! Just talk talk talk talk!" The girl with the puffy hair said.

"Like, well, my Dad is, like, suuuper super annoying! Totally, like, y'know?" The girl with straight hair said.

  Lucy looked back down as they passed each other.

"What makes him so annoying?"

"Well, like, y'know, right?"

"I wish he'd just hurry up and die."

"Right? Like, totally! For sure!"

Before they could react, Natsu shouted at them. "Hey, you over there! Can't you read the air here?! Well?!" Steam was coming out of his head.

"Yeah! Why don't ya think 'bout what ya said?!" Sora was so close to punching them. She was this close to grab their 'stupid' clothes.

"Who the heck is that?" Puffy said.

"What, you mean, like, read someone else's feelings? No way-" 

"Just shut up!" Sora said.

"Get out of here!" Natsu finished.

"Get lost!" Happy said.

"I'd leave even if you didn't say so. Like, what's up with them?" Puffy pouted while turning around.

"He's, like, toootally gross, like totally, y'know?" Straighty said.

While the girls were a good distance away, Lucy said, "Stop." 

Natsu and Sora started to sweat. Turning around, Natsu said, "Err...well..."

"Uhh...y'know..." Sora said.

"Sorry...for making you worry about me." Lucy sighed.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" Happy looked up towards her.

"Yeah...it's just my Dad... I was just caught off guard..." She smiled sadly. "Two months ago...er...that's not right... It's already been 7 years, hasn't it... In Acrifa back then, that was the last time I saw my Father."

"Oh yeah. Didn't he stalk ya to get money out of ya?" Sora cocked her head, her finger poking her lip.

"Yeah... Ever since I was little...I didn't really like my Father. On top of that, there was the thing about the Phantom. But...that Acrifa incident happened and after that, my relationship with my Father seemed to change. He's the kind of person that would overwork his body into the ground..." She sighed. She looked at the sky, frowning. "Why is it...? I'm so sad...and so lonely...but the tears just won't come out. Maybe I really do hate my Father..." She looked down.

Natsu crossed his arms, looking serious. "That's not true. I don't really know how to say this, but whether your tears fall or they don't..."

Sora put her arm on her hip, also looking serious. "I don't think that has anything to do with how you feel."