Chapter 20

Looking towards her, Lucy glared at Flare. 'How cowardly can she get?!'

"Don't make a sound; don't make a move; don't use magic. If you disobey me, who knows what'll happen?" Using her hair, Flare whipped her multiple times. Laughing manically, she kept her pace up as Lucy screamed from pain.

  Watching this, Fairy Tail didn't know what they could do.

"Lucy!" Erza shouted.

"What happened?! They were evenly matched 'til just now, weren't they?" Elfman said.

Clenching her fists, Sora harshly glared at Flare. "Somethin's up with her..."

  However, while most people in the crowd were confused, others cheered for Lucy.

"What in the world is going on here?" Chapati said as he inched towards his microphone. "The fierce battle from a moment ago is now unfolding in a one-sided manner..."

  Meanwhile, Lucy panted as she was laying on the ground. Watching Asuka cheer for her, she closed her eyes as she clenched her fists. She screamed from pain as Flare sent another whipping her way. 'Our goal is to be #1 in Fiore! Wendy...Gray...I'm sorry...' Sitting up-straight, she bowed towards Flare. "I...surren-" 

Before Lucy could finish, Flare wrapped her hair around her mouth, sending Lucy back from the force. "Who said it was alright for you to speak, Blondie!" Wrapping hair around Lucy's wrists and ankles, she held her in the air as she screamed.

"Lucy?!" All of Fairy Tail were inching towards the railing as they heard her scream. Their eyes widened while Sora narrowed her eyes.

'Something's off, here...' Crossing her arms over her chest, Sora searched for what her gut told her to do.

"As if I'd let you surrender...I'm going to have plenty of fun with you, after all...Get it? Please don't say a word. However, I will allow you to scream." Finishing her sentence, Flare cackled menacingly as she unwrapped her hair from Lucy's mouth. "Let's see...What should I do to you first, I wonder? I guess I can strip you naked...in front of this huge audience here." Watching Lucy look away and shivering, she smiled. "That'd be interesting, but I just though of something even better...I'll place Raven Tail's brand on your body. A brand that will last for the rest of your life."
Inching her make-shift brand made of hair, she waved it in the air. "Where do you want me to place it? Hmm?" Smile widened, she looked at Lucy's hand that held her emblem. "I see. You want me to put it over your Fairy Tail crest, huh?"

"Please! Anything but that!"

Inching it closer to her hand, Flare shouted, "I told you not to speak, didn't I?!"

"No! Stop it!" With each defiance, Flare whipped her across her body.

"There's something strange about how Lucy's acting." As Elfman said this, Erza noticed Natsu disappeared. Mira also noticed Sora was missing.

"Where's Natsu/Sora?" Erza and Mira asked their teammates.

"Huh? He was just here a moment ago..." Elfman said, searching for Natsu.

With Team B, they looked for Sora. "She's gotta be here somewhere..."

"Guys...I think I found Sora, along with Natsu..." Pointing towards them, Jellal sweat dropped.

"I have good hearing!" Natsu said as Sora and him ran towards a certain area. 

"I could definitely hear it just now!" Sora yelled.

  Before the members of Fairy Tail, who weren't participating, could react, Natsu and Sora grabbed the hair that was too close to Asuka, and burned it to ashes.