Chapter 27

Standing in the infirmary while Elfman was in a bed were Team A, Thunder God Tribe, Lisanna, and Sora.

Smiling, Erza had her arms crossed over her chest. "It seems at times I have underestimated you, Elfman. Your strength in taking a hit and your unbending spirit may make you the best in the Guild. We promise to build on the victory you snatched today!"

"Even Erza recognizes you now!" Lucy said.

"His performance was that  impressive!" Gray said, smirking.

"Hey, I was shaking, Elfman! Seriously!" Natsu said.

"It sounds a lot like Elf here is gonna die and you guys are sayin' your goodbyes..." Sora said.

"Yeah...Quit makin' speeches like that...!" Elfman said. As Lisanna graced her thumb upon his cheek, he said, "Oww..."

"Well, it's true that all that he ever had going for him was a sturdy body and a thick skull." Lisanna said, chuckling.

"Well, that's kinda sad." Natsu tried to keep his laughter in as Sora did the same.

"That's all you've got going for you, too!" Elfman yelled at the twins.

"But you really were amazing!" Wendy encouraged.

"I know it's pathetic, but with me like this, I gotta ask you to take over for me, Wendy." Smiling, he glanced at her.

"I will!"

"But wasn't she supposed to be in the group in the first place? You simply replaced her." Sora said.

"Wow. Sora actually does know how to form proper sentences!" Gray said as the others laughed.

Narrowing her eyes, Sora pointed at him accusingly. "Hey! I'm smart sometimes!"

"Yeah. Keyword: sometimes."

"Why you-"

Interrupting them, Por glared at Sora. "If you even move one muscle, I will make you regret your decision." Clearing her throat, she looked at the rest of the group. "Now...the next match is already beginning, so get out and see it! The key to victory is observing the enemy."

Leaving, Gray and Natsu looked at her. "Take care, Granny." Natsu said as Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen were the only ones left.

"You got nothing to worry about. The Raijin Tribe is here to protect this place now." Bickslow said.

"I've put up jutsu-shiki to prevent anyone not connected with us from entering." Freed said.

"Nobody's going to attack us in here again." Evergreen smirked as she had her right hand on her hip.

"Th-thanks..." Elfman said.

"Humph! Couldn't you come up with a better plan?"

"Whatever. Let's let the injured man sleep." Freed closed his eyes as he smiled.

"Maybe Ever would like to sleep alongside him?" Bickslow pushed her on top of Elfman while he grinned.

"Don't give me that!"

  Meanwhile, Team A, Sora, and Lisanna were walking in the hallways.

"Then there's Raven Tail...Their tactics are just openly dirty." Gray said as he had is hands in his coat pockets.

"Do they intend to crush each member of our team one by one?" Erza asked.

Looking down, Carla closed her eyes as her brows were scrunched together. "...I have certain doubts about that."