Chapter 41

Walking forwards, Sting said, "Rogue, stay out of this. Just me alone will be plenty!" 

"L-look at this! Sabertooth was just at a clear disadvantage! but now he wants a 2-on-1!" Chapati exclaimed, leaning into mic.

"I imagine he is that confident." Yajima said.

"This is amazing, thank you very much!" Rabian said.

"He's underestimating us." Gajeel said, glaring at Sting.

"Yeah, but do you feel this...? He's strong!" Natsu said, frowned.

  Before they could blink, Sting ran forward while laughing maniacally. Eyes widening, Natsu tried blocking Sting's attack which pushed him back. 
  Turning to Gajeel, he slashed air towards him, enough to send him flying. While Gajeel blocked his attack, he was too late to block the ray of light sent his way.  
  Getting up, Natsu punched Sting, only to realize Sting caught his fist. Raising his leg up, Sting kicked him in his stomach. Next, he threw Natsu to Gajeel.
  Jumping in the air, Sting yelled, "White Dragon Holy Breath!" Light erupted from his mouth, destroying the arena's floor. Natsu and Gajeel kept falling down in the ground's layers.

"Natsu!" Sora yelled. Clutching the railing, she almost made it into the arena if it wasn't for Rufus holding her back. Looking at him, she glared while he smirked. "Let. Me. Go. Now!" Struggling, she tried everything she could think of, but he simply dodged each attack and continued to hold onto her.

"Now, now. We wouldn't want a girl like you to go ruin everything, would we?"

"Shut up!" Screaming in his face, she tricked him and he finally let her go.

"You will regret that greatly."

"Yeah, yeah." Waving him off, she watched the fight commence.

"This match is still on! You can all watch it on the stadium's Lacrima vision!" Chapati explained as the Lacrima turned to the rubble.

As Natsu and Gajeel reached the end, Sting followed after them head-first. "I'm still just getting warmed up!"

Glaring, Natsu looked at Sting. "Fire Dragon's Sword Edge!" He catapulted himself in fire, punching Sting in the stomach.

However, Gajeel appeared next to him. "Iron Dragon Roar!" Sending him downwards, Gajeel blinked as he saw Sting smirk, getting out of the rubble. 

While Sting bended down, he put his hands together. Opening them up, he kept his fingers connected as light rayed from his hands. "The flare of the White Dragon will purify all things!" As the large sphere made of light erupted from his hands, he said, "Holy Ray!" White rays fired at Natsu and Gajeel, curving in the process. Yelling out from pain, they were sent to the ground when it was finally over.

  Tumbling on the ground, Natsu's eyes widened as he saw Sting generate light from his fist. Getting up, he tried blocking his punch after Sting appeared in front of him.

"Fly!" Sting simply said as he Natsu into a building. Appearing next to Gajeel, he kicked his face. As they tried attacking, Sting dodged and sent punches and kicks their way, laughing at the meaningless attempts.

Smiling, Sting could only think, 'Lector...I'm doing this because of my promise to you! I'm going to win this!'

~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, a young Sting sat in front of a crying Lector. "Were they picking on you again, Lector?"

"Nobody...will believe me...When I tell them that you defeated a dragon, Sting! I'm not telling anybody any lies!"