Chapter 5

A/N: Hey guys! I'm gonna go to Louisiana for Spring Break to visit my grandmother and I don't know when we will arrive at her house on Sunday. So, I'm gonna make that up to you!
~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere far away~~~~~

"Apparently, they've come back." said the blonde haired one.

"What are you talking about?" said the black haired one with his back turned.

"The core members of Fairy Tail that disappeared 7 years ago."

"I'm not interested."

Blondie turned to him, smirking. "Don't lie to me, Rogue. Especially when you looked up to Natsu-San that much."

"That was a long time ago." Blackie looked towards the sky. "What about your crush on his sister? You always did want to be with her and protect her."

"S-shut up! Don't tell me you didn't have a crush on her either!" Blondie pointed at him as he stood up, brows furrowed as he blushed.

"T-that's in the past!" Rogue blushed

Magic Council Era~~~~~

"Sage Aug, thank you for your work today at the Council." said Laharl.

"Mm."

"Have you decided on the Guild Trade Agreement Reform proposal?" said Doranbalt.

"More importantly, you all should have heard by now, haven't you?" said Aug.

"I assume you're talking about Fairy Tail's core members returning?" Laharl said as Doran looked down. "Looks like that's one load off your chest, right, Doranbalt?"

"I..."

"The magic world will probably get stirred up again." Aug said.

Brows furrowed, Doran looked down. 'I had already discarded them from my thoughts.'

"7 years ago, when Acnologia and Zeref were sighted..." Aug looked towards the garden. "I apologize...their whereabouts are still unknown. Our Reconnaissance Squad needs more personnel assigned to it. These 7 years have been too quiet. "We've been keeping watch of Sabertooth's exploits...but Tartaros has shown no suspicious activity. The same goes for the remnants of Grimoire Heart. There is also no new information on Zeref and Acnologia." He looked down, sighing. "But the circumstances of this silence is strange...it's almost like a never ending night. Perhaps day is about to break through the night? Will it be the magic world's great sunrise?"

Doran looked up. "Are you saying the cause of this...is Fairy Tail...?"

Before Doran or Laharl could react, Aug laughed. As he walked away, he left them in confusion. "Expecting that much out of Fairy Tail in spite of how much dislike I have for them...I've gotten older, too, haven't I..."

Meanwhile~~~~~~

As Lucy was getting ready in her apartment, she smiled. 'Two weeks have passed since our return from Tenrou Island. Throughout the country, rumors of our return...have spread like wildfire. As expected, Sorcerer Weekly rushed in quickly to get the scoop on the details. As if to make up for 7 years of lost time, everyone parties their hearts out every single day. I've also started to work things out with my Dad, little by little. Everyone is here. Right now, to me that is happiness.'

  At the Guild, Natsu, Romeo, Lucy, Sora, Wendy, and Gray were seated at a table while Happy and Carla stood on it. Erza, Bisca, and Alzack stood near it while Asuka played with Lily.

"Sabertooth?" Natsu asked.

"A tiger with sabers for teeth...Sabertooth, get it?" Gray asked Natsu.