Chapter 23

That night, Fairy Tail were at the bar, having drinks and food.

"Pathetic! You're so useless, no one'd believe this is the best Fairy Tail has to offer!" Cana said, drunkenly.

"Big talk from someone who's been to every bar in town, but didn't even come to cheer us on." Elfman said.

"I saw everything! All the bars were showing the competition on Lacrima-vision."

"Let's just toast to our defeat!" Makarov cheered.

"Master!" Levy said.

"Mmmmaaaannnn! Fairy Tail sure does know how to party~!" Alibaba said, drunkenly.

  Hiccupping, Sin clunk his glass against Alibaba's. Putting his arm around his shoulder, they cheered for Fairy Tail while the other Magi sweat dropped.

"Do you think they've had enough to drink...?" Muu asked.

"Naw! They'll be fine!" Aladdin waved his hand in the air, drinking away.

With Erza, she sat next to Mira. "It was a tough day, wasn't it?"

"True. Let's both give it our best tomorrow!" Mira smiled, closing her eyes.

"It'll be my turn to compete tomorrow! And I'm gonna turn this around and make us winners again!" Natsu pumped his fists in the air, smirking.

"Oh? If Salamander is competing, then I will, too!" Gajeel watched Natsu, smirking.

"Yes, it's time for you to show everyone the fruits of your training." Lily smiled.

"Well...I'll be the one to fight him first! You can count on it!" Sora said. Hence this caused a fight. After a while, Erza hit them in the head, making Gajeel fall off his seat as they both fell to the floor, unconscious.

Looking around, Levy noticed two certain people missing. "Huh? Lu-Lu and Gray aren't here?"

"Come to think of it, I haven't see 'em." Jet said.

"Well, both of 'em suffered pretty bad losses." Makao said.

"I'm sure it's tough to show their faces in front of everybody." Wakaba pointed out.

"Really? I think they both looked really cool, especially Sora!" Something struck Romeo, however. "Hey. Since Sora lost, wouldn't she be depressed."

"W-well...Sora is..." They couldn't come up with an answer.

'Gray-Sama...' Juvia overheard them as she searched for Gray.

  In a room, far away, Gray stood at the window while it rained as Lucy looked down, sitting.

"Are you still pouting?" Gray asked.

"Aren't you?"

As silence grew, Gray frowned. "I hear everybody's at a bar nearby. I don't want to, but I'd better put in an appearance..."

However, as Gray was about to reach the door, Lucy walked towards him, taking ahold of his shirt from behind. When he looked at her curiously, she blushed as she looked away. "Don't leave me alone."

"Lucy...You..." Starting to blush, he turned towards her.

"I...The truth is, I've always felt..." Before he could react, she pushed him down to the bed, laying on top of him.

"Stop it! What about Juvia...?!"

"I love you, Gray!"

"How could Gray do that to me?!" Juvia started to cry as she held her cheeks with her hands.