Chapter 48

"Disperse! Proceed to your objectives!" Mavis commanded. Frowning, she glared. "There is a 97% probability that Rufus will act at this time!"

Smirking, Rufus closed his eyes as he pointed two fingers on his head. "I see it. You must never make light of my ability to understand my enemy. I will take care of all of you at once. Memory Make: Night of Shooting Stars!"

While this happened, Chapati asked, "What is this magic...?!"

"It's that magic that defeated all his enemies on the first day." Yajima stated.

"It's pretty, pumpkin!" Mato said.

"The instant you see the light in the sky, move within two seconds to avoid the attack." Mavis stated. They did as she said.

"You think I'd fall for the same trick twice?!" Gray said, dodging.

"This is awesome!" Sora said, amazed.

"This magic has electrical aspect. Laxus alone should simply put up his guard." Mavis frowned.

  Laxus let the magic hit him, allowing himself to absorb the electrical current. 

"What?! He simply took it?!" Rufus' eyes widened from shock.

"That gave the enemy a shock. He's now confused." Numbers and calculations were running inside Mavis' mind, estimating what the best solution to their problem was. "In his confusion, there is a 68% chance that Rufus will attempt to close in on one of us. There is a 32% chance he will stand by where he is. If he chooses the latter, he will have no effect on our plan." Telepathically, she said Erza's name, who was awaiting Jenny's attack. 'Heading northwest, you should encounter an enemy at this time.'

"Just like the First Master said. She is truly formidable." Erza stated.

Meanwhile, Jenny was scared. "Erza!"

'Eliminate the enemy.' Mavis commanded.

  Before Jenny could attack, Erza attacked her, defeating her. She earned a point, letting Fairy Tail gain 46 points.

Saying Gajeel's name, Mavis said, 'Heading south, you should encounter an enemy. defeat him.'

Gajeel defeated Eve and Ren, earning 2 points (48 points). "Tough luck, guys." However, Hibiki ran away after Ren told him to.

Running away, Hibiki looked behind him. "You're saying there's a wizard in Fairy Tail who can surpass the calculations I made with Archive?"

However, Sora smirked as she appeared in front of Hibiki, making him stop. "Couldn't have said it better!"

'Sora should defeat any enemies who managed to escape to Fountain Square...Gray should make his way to Point B-4.' Mavis said as Sora earned a point (49p), making Fairy Tail in first place, tied with Saber who was also in first.

"Now they're tied for the top spot! It's Fairy Tail!" Chapati exclaimed. Meanwhile, the Guild was celebrating from Mavis' plan.

"Sora, go act as rear guard, being on the lookout for the enemy. Laxus, stay on course for F-8. Erza, make for S-5. There is enemy movement there." Mavis commanded.

While looking at her, Makarov started sweating. "I-I just remembered...the First Master's nickname...She used that genius to rack up victories in battle after battle...Mavis, the Fairy Strategist!"

"Remarkable..." Sin and Kouen mumbled, amazed.

"I-I thought she was just there to cheer them on..." Alibaba said, sweat-dropping.

"Hmm...So this is how Fairy Tail started out." Muu said.

"Amazing!" Aladdin yelled.

"I wonder if I can be as good as her..." Morg mumbled, learning from this.