Chapter 35

"Let the battle begin!" Chapati said.

"Go get 'em, Wendy." Doran cheered for her, smiling softly.

Fanboying, Chapati couldn't hold it in. "It's an outstanding match of cute against cute! And nobody's happier than!"

"So that girl was in Fairy Tail?" Yajima asked.

"Yes...I had a little knowledge of this. It seems she is a very brave wizard." Lahar answered.

Breathing in, Wendy prepared herself. 'After all this training, I have to give it everything I've got!' "Here I come!"

"Right!" Sherria smiled.

"Arms! Vernier! Enchant!" As wind surrounded Wendy, she motioned her hands around herself. "Sky Dragon's Wing Attack!"

Dodging the wind, Sherria shouted, "Sky God's North Wind!" As Wendy avoided her attacks, Sherria smiled. "Amazing! You...can avoid this?" Jumping in the air, she used the wind to accelerate her speed. "Then...Sky God's Dance!" As her wind threw Wendy in air, she jumped up. "Not done yet!" 

Before Sherria could attack her, Wendy shouted, "Sky Dragon's Talces!" As the wind kicked Sherria, Wendy landed on her feet as Sherria stumbled on the ground. 

"Sky Dragon's/Sky God's...Roar!" When the dust cleared, Sherria was standing, smiling, while Wendy was on all fours, panting.

"She can't be..." Sora's eyes widened.

"A God Slayer...!" Laxus said.

"That kid can't be...!" Gajeel said.

"And they both have the same element..." Mira said.

Straightening herself, Wendy kept her gaze on Sherria. "That surprised me..."

Smiling, sherria said, "I heard from Lyon...that there was a wizard in Fairy Tail that used the same magic as me." Closing her eyes, she bended to the side. "Maybe I overdid it a bit. Sorry. Did it hurt?"

Wobbling, Wendy shook her head. "I'm fine! It is  a battle, after all."

"Since we're here, let's have a lot  of fun! Hm?"

"I...don't really know...what it is to have fun in battle, but...this is for my Guild, so I'm going to do everything I can!"

"Yeah. I think that'll do fine. I'm giving my all for the Guild and for love!" Getting all the air she can, Sherria smiled. Before Wendy could react, the wind blasted her backwards, cutting into her.

"So they both use the same kind of wind magic, but Sherria is maybe one rank above?" Chapati blushed as he sweated.

" 'Sky Magic', to be exact." Yajima said.

Not giving up, Wendy put her foot down to stop herself from falling. 'I'm here because everyone who came before worked hard...And Elfman told me to take over for him! I don't like doing battle, but...there are times when I have to battle for the Guild's sake...And even I can fight at full strength at times like that!' 

While Wendy started to eat air, Sherria smiled. "Ah! I knew it! You 'eat air', don't you?! Then I'll...have some too!" Hence, she started to eat air.

"L-look at Wendy and Sherria! What are they doing?!" Chapati asked. "Maybe it's just my imagination, but I get the feeling the stadium's air is getting thinner."

Shocked, Por started to sweat. "She's already acquired one of those attacks?!"

"Wendy has an ultimate attack?!" Sin said.

"That's amazing!" Aladdin said.

"She's going to win..." Morg said.

"How can you be so sure? What if the other girl does?" Kouen asked.