Chapter 21

After Natsu and Sora checked up on Lucy, they ran to their teams.

"Is Lucy okay?" Mira asked.

"Yeah. She said she was going to take a shower." Sora replied. After talking to the others, she bent down to the railing. "Is the second match starting yet?"

"Yep."

"Yay! Who's fightin' each other?" 

"Ren from Blue Pegasus and Arania from Mermaid Heel." Jellal said.

"This should be exciting." Gajeel said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

  Meanwhile in the arena, Ren and Arania were circling around each other, waiting for the first to attack.

"It looks like you've improved your skills since last year, Arania." Ren said, smirking.

"Is it alright for someone of Pegasus to attack a woman, I wonder?" Arania asked.

"Second match! It seems like neither side is yielding an inch!" Chapati said.

"Hmm...It's a good match." Yajima smiled.

"Ren, good luck! Sherry's cheering you on from here, too!" Jenny yelled.

Catching him off guard, Arania attacked him; using her webs, she sent them his way. "You're full of openings, Ren."

  As Blue Pegasus cheered Ren on, Magi wondered on who to cheer on.

"I'm gonna cheer on Miss Arania." Morg said.

"Isn't that a bit stereotypical...?" Sin asked. Glaring at him, Sin shut up. 'As always, women stick together...' Sighing, he bended over. Looking towards a cheering Sora, he smiled.

"Hey, guys! Look towards Blue Pegasus." As Aladdin finished his sentence, he pointed towards the Ooba spinning a man.

"Shut up! Go spin off!" Ooba screamed as she spun the man.

"I'm already spiiiiiinnnniiiinnnggg!"

  Sweat dropping, the nervously laughed.

"I'd hate to be in a Guild with her..." Muu said.

"You and me both..." everyone said, aside from Kouen.

Running away from Ara, Ren looked towards Jenny. "We-we're not engaged or anything like that! We're just resigned to being together! That's it!"

"So cruel!" Magi, Blue Pegasus, and Sora said.

"You're always hanging around me...It's irritating..." After he did a summersault, he looked away from Sherry. "But...when you're not by my side, I'm just not at my best." Blushing, he didn't bear to look at her.

'He likes her...' Sweat dropping, they all sighed. 

"Make up your mind, ya giant flirt!" Sora shouted, getting fed up with his cheesy lines.

"Oh, Ren..." Sherry sighed out of happiness as she held her hands against her cheeks.

"Why do they keep falling for these annoying types?" Yuka said.

"It's love!" Sherria said.

"When I'm in front of you, I simply can't allow you to see me looking uncool...Aerial Phose!" After swinging his hands in a circular motion, bringing them forward, he created a small cyclone that surrounded Ara, destroying her webs in the process.

"The winner is Ren Akatsuki from Blue Pegasus! Blue Pegasus has earned 14 points for day one!" As Chapati announced, Ren puffed out some oxygen. "Mermaid Heel has 3 points, so far!"