Chapter 7

Standing up, everyone circled around Wendy. 

"That Old Lady was Grandine?!" Gray put his hands inside the pockets of his coat.

"She had the same voice as the dragon you were looking for?" Lucy asked.

"I don't know." Carla said.

"What could that mean?!" Happy turned towards Carla.

Standing in front of her, Natsu put his hands on his hips. "Are you sure, Wendy?"

"Mm...I don't know." She kept her head down, tears in her eyes. "But...that smell...and that voice...My Mom...It was the same as the Sky Dragon Grandine..."

"I think it makes sense." Sora poked her chin.

"What d'ya mean?" Natsu asked.

"I mean, think 'bout it. When we were in Edolas, there were different versions of us in that universe."

Stumped, Natsu walked away, annoyed. "I'm going back there. I gotta figure some things out."

"Are ya sure your tiny brain could handle that?" Sora put her hand on her hip, smirking.

"Huh?!"

Before the siblings could bicker, Gray intervened. "Hold it. If Grandine has really changed into a human...don't you think that's kind of strange?"

"That's right! Natsu, Sora, and Wendy...and then even Gajeel...your dragons disappeared 7 years ago." Lucy said. "Well, actually now it's been 14 years. In the year 777."

"Get to the point already!" Sora shouted.

"Sorry, sorry...Anyways, Porlyusica has been an acquaintance of the Masters long before that. In other words, Porlyusica's existence overlaps the time when the dragons were still here. In that case, this situation would contradict itself. She couldn't be both people at once."

"Dying and then being reincarnated is probably unlikely too, isn't it..." Gray looked at her.

Natsu was merely confused, what with question marks appearing on his head. "Yeah."

"Then what I said makes perfect sense." Sora said.

"Well, it surely explains a few things. Who knows, you could be onto something." Lucy suggested. "Hmm...but if she was from Edolas, how is she here?"

"But when I went to a different world, when I was a kid, Dad turned into a human."

"Hmm...Then I don't know."

"What did he look like?!" Natsu jumped up and down, all excited. Wracking her brain, she described him from how she remembered him.

Wendy looked towards the sky. "Now that I think about it calmly for a second, it is strange. Her voice and smell were the same, but her tone and attitude were completely different."

"I remember you saying a while back that Grandine loved humans." Carla said.

"B-but what if she hates cats?" Happy asked.

Wendy stood up, dusting off her knees. "Grandine is a really gentle dragon."

"I can't even imagine a dragon being gentle." Gray said.

"Ever since Acnologia-" Lucy said.

"Hey! You're talkin' 'bout our Dad!" Sora was about to hit Lucy.

"Igneel is gentle, too..." Natsu crossed his arms over his chest.

Suddenly, Porlyusica appeared behind Lucy and Gray. "Well, excuse me for not being gentle." She frowned while everyone screamed.