Chapter 46

July 5th, the day before the final day of the Games...

"What's this?!" Makarov exclaimed. Gray, Erza, Sora, Laxus, and Mira listened to him. "You say Lucy's been arrested by the Royal Army? And she's been charged as a collaborator in some strange plan?"

"So what's the deal? If we don't win the Games, we won't get Lucy back or something?" Laxus asked Gray.

"I don't know if we can trust what that guy said." Gray stated.

"What I'm saying is who cares about that?!" Natsu yelled. However, he couldn't do much since everyone tied him to a pillar. "I gotta go rescue her right now!

Sighing, Sora held her anger in. As much as she wanted to go rescue Lucy, they didn't exactly have a plan to do just that. "Natsu, even I know we need to think about how to."

"Please calm down, Natsu." Wendy said, sitting next to him.

"You'd be up against an entire country." Happy stated.

"Master?" Erza asked, turning to Makarov.

"Hm." Thinking, Makarov opened one eye. "If we're up against the kingdom, no half-baked plan will succeed...I also don't think they'd abuse one of their own citizens, either. Until this Eclipse plan, or whatever it's called, is completely canceled, we have to think of her as a hostage."

"But it still doesn't make sense. Here we know about this government secret, but they just let us go. What's that about?" Gajeel said.

  However, what they didn't know was that Magi was listening in, hiding the tables.

"Poor Lucy..." Aladdin said.

"I wonder if she's okay..." Morg said, looking down.

"We have to do something!" Sin said. Everyone nodded.

"But how? We could make things worse." Muu stated.

"We still have to try." 

"Would you be quiet." Kouen commanded.

However, before Sin could say anything to Kouen, Sora lifted the table up. Smiling brightly, she closed her eyes. "And what're you guys doin'?"

"We...just..." Alibaba fidgeted.

Laughing, Sora walked back to the rest. "You know, you didn't have to hide."

"How did you guys know?"

"Oh. After Sin said you had to do something!" Mira smiled.

As Magi looked at him, Sin looked away. "Well...I'm right!" As everyone laughed at him, he pouted. Looking at Sora, he begged her for help. 

"Nope. You're on your own."

However, Makarov cleared his throat, quieting everyone. "Back to business."

"I see the logic in setting free people who might later act as witnesses in the treason trial of Arcadios." Lily suggested.

"Even if they may leak vital top secret information...?" Carla pointed out.

"Perhaps they decided it could remain hidden no longer." Erza looked down, her arms crossed.

"If they had just locked us up, it wouldn't have spread, though." Gray placed his hands on his hips.

"I wonder about that. Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel are members of a team in the Games. If you were suddenly absent from the Games tomorrow, they might figure out where you went." Mira explained.

"I don't think even a kingdom would want a wizard's Guild as enemies." Sora stated.

"To us, arresting Lucy may be seen as an absurd act, but...it is not inconsistent with the Royal Army's justice." Erza glared in the distance of where the palace would be.