Chapter 43

After Jellal met up with Ultear and Melody, he explained what happened with the mysterious being. 

"Is what you just said...true?" Melody asked.

"I wouldn't normally believe such a story..." Ultear said.

"We completely misunderstood, and at the same time...we were caught up in an irresistible destiny. The door that will change the world, Eclipse...and the Dragon King Festival." Jellal said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  After Sora packed her bags from the hotel Saber was staying at, she knocked on Rogue's door.

Opening the door, Rogue blinked, surprised. "Yes..."

"Just came to say goodbye!" Holding her hand out, she smiled.

"...Why?"

"Huh?" Blinking from confusion, she tilted her head.

"After all we did to you, why...would you...?" Looking down, he was too ashamed of gazing into her eyes.

Laughing, she took ahold of his hand and closed her eyes. "Yeah, but I know that's not the real you. In my eyes, you're kind. You're calm and collected, like the moon that shines bright in the starry sky. So, don't beat yourself over everything!" With that, she kissed his cheek and ran towards the hotel Fairy Tail was staying at.

Meanwhile, Rogue stood stunned. Slowly, he reached to where she kissed him. Upon realization, his face exploded with a bright red.

Later, all of Saber was called in a meeting with Jiemma. Motioning Sting and Rogue before them, he glared as they stepped forwards, looking down. "Sting! Rogue! What was that supposed to be?!"

Tightening his fists, Rogue said, "We have no words. It was a complete failure. Natsu bathed himself in lightning, and even without fire, he mustered up overwhelming power. His strength was far beyond what we imagined, Natsu Dragneel!"

Furious, Jiemma stood up from the couch, spilling the cup onto the floor. "Are those the words of a member of the world's strongest Guild?!" Walking forwards, he stood before them. "Who told you to go out there and embarrass us with that half-baked wizardry?! Who told you to go out and lose?!  Not only that, you let Sora get away! You have sullied the name of the world's strongest Guild!" Stomping his foot on the ground, he sent them to the background. "You don't have the right to call yourselves Sabertooth!"
  Punching them, he yelled, "Remove it! Remove your Guild marks! We need no weaklings in our Guild! We need no losers!"

  Silence ensued while the rest watched this unfold, terrified to even protest.

Timidly, Lector raised his hand up. "Now, now, Master! Sting and Rogue tried really hard!" Jiemma looked at him, glaring. Walking forwards, he took small steps not to anger Jiemma. "Maybe he lost this once, but I'm very proud of Sting!"

"Lector..." Sting mumbled.

"I think that knowing what it is to lose can make a wizard stronger. Sting has learned a lot going through this competition!" Too stunned, Sting listened to his friend.

"Who are you?!" Jiemma asked.

Pulling his shirt up, Lector nervously smiled, shaking from fear. "Oh, come on, Master! I'm a long-time member of Sabertooth, with a mark and everything..."

Annoyed, he glared more. "The mark of Sabertooth is a matchless mark of excellence! It is unfit for cats or dogs! Be gone!" Raising his hand towards him, Jiemma sent an explosion his way.

Too stunned for words, Rogue's eyes widened. Meanwhile, Sting yelled, "Lector!"

In the air, Lector mumbled, "Sting..."