Don't See Any Harm

By that evening I was stuffing my belongings into my bags. No, I did want to leave but after the last text I knew it was in my best interest to do so, especially after he revealed that he knew about me talking to Mr. Hottie Detective.

Not wanting to cause my friend's worry I simply told them that I was feeling homesick and flying back. Naturally they tried to talk me out of it and was saddened but in the end they understood. They even suggested that next summer we take a short trip somewhere else. I told them that it was a splendid idea but in reality I was thinking no way. After this wild trip abroad I never want to leave American soil again. My stalker truly ruined my trip and left an everlasting impression on travel for me.

After I had the majority of my belongings packed I sat in front of my laptop searching for a cheap flight home. No sooner that I started skimming the prices and availabilities  my phone chirped. Hearing my phone go off these day's gave me a large amount of anxiety... wonder why?

Peeking at the unknown number I decided to answer it. Staveno never called so it was a huge possibility this wasn't him. Shrugging my shoulders I answered. "Hello?"

"Ah, I assume this is Jacey?" A deep accented male voice spoke.

"Yes, this is she". I replied in return.

"Hi there. This is detective Simone, we met earlier today." He said.

"Yes, I recall that". I said with a hint of a chuckle.

He gave a deep chuckle back that made my skin prickle all over as if an electrical current had zapped me.  "I was calling to check back in. Has there been anymore occurrences?"

I took a moment to answer back trying to decide if I should tell him or not. In the end I chose to tell him. Hell I don't think anything I do now will matter anyways. "Actually not long after I returned he did send me another text. He assured me that my friend was well, just beaten and somehow he knew I had spoke to you".

"Really"? He asked with interest.

"Yes. But all is well now. I've already packed and I was searching flight schedules when you rang".

"No. Don't do that". He said with what seemed like urgency in his tone.

Chuckling again I said. "Yes. It's time I head home. This has went on long enough and as much as I love this place I can't wait to get back home. I'm safe there".

"You can't leave in the middle of an investigation". Simone in a demanding tone.

It's no problem". I assured him. "I'll give you my contact info in case you need further information besides I don't believe you will find him in the three weeks I have left here".

"Jacey I have information on him now.  That's another reason for my call. " He said in a rush. "Could I persuade you to hold off on that flight and join me for dinner tonight to discuss this further?"

He almost sounded hopeful but I couldn't help but feel that going out with him was against some code. That it crossed the boundaries between detective and victim. Then again this was a different country so maybe the same rules didn't apply. His voice penetrated my thoughts. "Please, join me. I promise if you still want to leave by tomorrow go, but I can be very persuasive".

Rolling my eye's as a smile lifted my lips I agreed. "Fine, but regardless what you tell me tonight I'm leaving tomorrow".

It was if I could see him smiling through the phone as he said. "Excellent. I will pick you up in two hour's. See you then".

As I sat my phone down it struck me, I had looked like a ragged woman upon our first meeting this morning and I had packed my good clothes away. I tossed my bag atop my bed and frantically rummaged through it until I found my little black dress. Not to flashy but not too casual either. Yes, the classic black dress should do the trick. Running from my room I tossed the dress in the dryer to release the wrinkles and jumped in the shower. As I was busy applying my make-up Tory popped her head in. "What's up? I thought you was leaving?"