First Glimpse

After we played in the surf for a bit we made our way back to our beach blanket. After toweling off we both sprawled out on our stomachs facing each other. That gorgeous grin spread across his face and I found myself leaning over to kiss him. This was the first time I ever made the move first and Staveno seemed pleased by that which only encouraged me further.

I ran my fingers thorough his damp hair and savored his cinimmion flavored tounge. That familiar buzz took root in the pit of my belly so I pulled away. I didn't want to embarrass myself by coming undone by a kiss again. Staveno chuckled knowingly and I playfully punched his arm. I was amazed at how comfortable I was becoming around him and I think that pleased him as well.

Soon we both drifted off into a peaceful slumber under the warm sun. My head rested on his arm and his hand rested on the small of myack. I woke before him and noticed the sun was covered by some dark, luminous clouds. We was definitely getting ready to be pummeled by a storm. Looking over Staveno looked so sweet as he slept. Smiling I leaned up and placed my mouth to his ear. Taking my tounge I gently and ever so slowly ran it up his lobe. A light smile played at his lips as he started to stir. "I want to wake up like this everyday". He said in a sleepy, husky voice that made my insides tremble.

Before I could reply a loud boom of thunder exploded in the sky causing Staveno to bolt up and shove me harshly to the ground and cover me with his body. Next he pulled a gun from his discarded pants that I never knew he had. "Staveno". I shrieked in fear.

Realizing it was only thunder he moved off me and concealed the gun. Looking a bit sheepish he replied. "Are you okay? I'm sorry about that".

Stunned, I could only ask. "What was that about?"

Blowing out his breath he propped his elbows up on his knees. "A natural reaction to loud sounds. It was a bomb they used duiring my wedding. I'm sorry. I over reacted".

I rubbed his arm gently. "It's okay. Im okay".

He nodded as another boom shook the earth. "We should go".

Agreeing, I hopped up and helped gather our thing's. Once in the car thing's seemed strained. I assumed he was upset about his earlier actions and I wanted to reassure him that I understood. Placing my hand on his arm again I started to speak but his phone ringing interrupted me.

"Yea". He answered a bit irritable.

What ever was being said on the other end mustn't be good. A look I've never witnessed before marred his features. A dark, ominous look filled his eye's and he looked right scary. I'd never seen him so mean looking. Snapping his phone off he spoke to me curtly. "Some issue's have come up at work and I must run. I'll be pulling over in a moment and you will get into the car with one of my men. They will see you home safely".

I didn't know what to say. I'd never seen this side of him and I couldn't help but wonder if I'd done something wrong. This great day had quickly turned sour. Before I could ask the car came to a stop and Theo opened my door. I was quickly ushered out and into the waiting car without so much as a goodbye. I watched as Staveno sped off in a pile of dust and squealing tires.

To be honest my feelings were hurt and I wondered if this was it between us. He was so cold those last few moment's. Thing's had been going great and felt more trust toward him but now? After his odd behavior I didn't know what to think. It only made it worse when I didn't hear from him that night nor the next day. Assuming our romance was short lived I agreed to go out with the girl's to cheer up a bit and get my mind off of him.

We chose a neat little dive that had a funky atmosphere. After a few drinks my phone buzzed. I saw that it was him but with my ego a bit bruised I decided to make him sweat a little bit by ignoring it. I downed a few more drinks, danced with a few guy's and enjoyed the moment. Each time I checked my phone there was a new message but I didn't care. I was mad and with good reason.