Tequila Fixes Everything

I had been walking for awhile now and the sun was beaming down on me making me swelter. Sweat beads ran inbetween my breasts and gathered on my forehead.

Image's of Staveno with Magna haunted my mind and I couldn't understand for the life of me why he would think it was okay to hire his fling. No, I didn't think he was cheating but I don't want any ex-lover of his around. I couldn't help but feel like a fool, the butt of a joke. I had grown close to Magna and shared personal aspects of my life with her. All the while she knew my man intimately. I had spoken to Staveno about Magna and how awesome her work was and our growing friendship. Yet neither bothered to inform me of their little hookups. Well until Magna decided to spill the beans that is.

There's no way I can allow her to continue the work on my building. It's one thing to know they were intimate but it's an entirely different thing to work near this woman knowing that she knows all about what Staveno is packing in his jeans. Every time I looked at her I'd see him placing his lips on her intimate area working that magic tounge of his.

Trying to beat the heat I rushed into the first air conditioned building I came across without acknowledging the sign. It just so happened to be a ruddy type bar but I didn't care. I would welcome anything at this point to get away from the heat. As I pulled up a stool at the bar I took the scene in. It was just a bit after lunch time so the place wasn't too crowded. Mostly men facilitated the place and just a few shrew looking women.

Still not caring, I ordered a shot of tequila and quickly threw it back them signal the bartender for another. Soon I could build a pyramid with the empty shot glasses before me and the entire bar probably knew my sob story from where I had been blabbing it to the bartender over and over. I had no recollection of the time or how I would even get home. I only knew two people here and that was Staveno and Magna. I'll be damn if I'd call either one of them. Then another thought occurred to me, I had Theo's number.

It took me several attempts to dial his number in my drunken state. Finally I rang through and he answered.

"Jacey?" He said a bit urgent.

"Theeeeoooo". I sang in my slurry voice. "Theeeoooo are you my friend?"

"Yes". He said a bit confused. "Are you okay. Where are you? Staveno has been looking all over".

"Staveno, Staveno, Staveno". I said in a mocking tone. "I don't care who's looking for me. Can you come get meeee?"

"Certainly, where are you?"

I laughed. "Wait, let me find out". I said I put my hand over the speaker.

"Hey, bartender, where am I? You know your my new best friend right?" I giggled and twirled around on the stool as if it was a carousel.

The bartender looked a bit peeved and snatched my phone. Moments later he handed it back and said. "Your ride is on the way. I have struck orders not to let you out of sight".

I just waved my hand in the air and continued my spinning. "Weeee".

Within moment's the door swung open and in walked Staveno with several suites men. He approached me and looked none to happy. "Let's go Jacey". He said in a controlled voice.

"Ummmm no. I'm waiting on Theeeooo". I slurred.

"Theo is with me. Now come". He said gripping my arm.

I jerked away. "I can walk by myself thank you very much".

I had taken only two steps when I felt like my face was flying toward the floor. Before I hit Staveno caught me and scooped me up bridal style. I looked up into his face and drink in his dimples. Taking my finger I poked at his dimple and said. "I love you pookie bear".

"Please just pass out love". He said exhausted.

And I did exactly that once I was placed in the car. I woke the next day in the comfort of Staveno's bed with a pounding headache. Cracking my eye's open I groaned when I saw the time. I was three hour's late for work. I crawled my way to the shower then slipped into a pair of cotton shorts and tank. Today would be casual day at the office, for me anyways. I made my way to the kitchen for a glass of orange juice and aspirin. After taking the pills, I gulped the juice down and refilled my cup. The liquor left me dehydrated and I couldn't get enough liquids. I shut the fridge door then jumped as I saw Staveno standing behind it. "Jesus". I said gripping my chest then I remembered how angry I was with him and turned away.

Staveno said nothing but swooped me up and carried me out the door as I squealed. "Put me down. What are you doing?"

He said nothing, just kept walking. He came to the ocean and walked in about knee deep before tossing me in. The cold water was a rude awakening and didn't help my hangover. I came up sputtering. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Staveno only laughed and shoved me back into a wave. The wave crashed down on me and when I came up my hair was plastered to my face. Staveno burst out in laughter. Clearing my hair from my face I snarled. "You're such an asshole. It's not funny".

"Sure it is love. I thought you could use some cooling off". He snickered.

I made my way out this time and he caught up to me on the shore. In one fluid motion he had me flat upon my back on the sand and he laid atop me. "I'm sorry love. I fucked up, I made a mistake and it will never happen again. I only had the best intentions at heart for you and your magazine so I hired someone who does good work. I honestly didn't think it would hurt you and I should have told you. Please forgive me love?"

My eye's betrayed me and watered up."it's the way I found out mostly. I thought of her as a friend. Now when I think of her I see you two together".

"It's not how you think love". He said. "She was just a quickie, a way to release stress. I may have slept with her but I didn't make love to her.  You're the only one that's ever got that part of me. You're the only one that's ever laid in my bed. You're the only one I want the taste of on my tounge. You're the only one I've ever craved. You have me Jacey. I have given myself to you one hundred percent".

Staveno leaned down and kissed my tears away. "I'm sorry". I blubbered.

"No, I am. I made a mistake and it hurt you. Magna was informed that her help is no longer needed. I had Theo contact her, not me".

I felt bad for that cause I did like her but now it would just be awkward. Staveno gave his devastating smile and I melted like butter. Needless to say we spent the remainder of the day in bed and he showed me over and over how much he was mine. That night he took me out to dinner and and another opera. The next morning after my shower I started my usual morning routine and when I pulled my birth control pills from the medicine cabinet I stared at them. In one swift movement I tossed them in the trash and walked out.