Here Goes Nothing

Within in two day's I had my exclusive interview with Rosa, so called wife of the man who's supposedly holding my Staveno. The past two day's I have been put through vigorous training from the men.

Ha! I thought I was in pretty top shape, usually working out at least three time's a week but my body wasn't prepared for this. I'm so sore I probably couldn't run for my life if I had too. Bruises sprinkle my body. Let's just say the men didn't take it easy on me. I can't count how many time's I ended up on the floor looking up at them from the flat of my back. How many time's the wind was knocked from my lungs or I begged them to stop only to be jerked up for another round.

Of course they wasn't doing this to be mean, they wanted me to be prepared, able to save my own neck if the need arose. They explained that Rosa was more than likely fully trained and deadly, that I'd need to know as much as I could in case my plan went astray. I had put on my most professional attire and was going through the process of having hidden mics placed on me. One attached to a button on my blouse and one placed on my hairclip for backup.

They warned me that their was a huge chance I may be searched so I was given a special bra that safely concealed a small gun and a blade was hidden in the sole of my high heel. As a joke to lighten the mood as well as my anxiety I said. "Just call me bladerunner".

Naturally the men found my joke lame and didn't crack a smile. As the time neared Theo pulled me aside. "Now's the time to back out if you want to".

Oh backing out sounded so good but I can't. I must find Staveno. I shook my head. "No. I got this. I can do it". I said trying to pump myself up.

Theo nodded and led me to a taxi. "Your driver work's for us. His name is Jameson. He will wait for your departure and be the first in if trouble arises."

I nodded taking all this information in and slid into the backseat. I fingered my button as we drove making sure my Mic was secure. Jameson laughed. "The guys said to stop touching your mic, your giving them a headache with all the swishing noise".

Oh right, I thought removing my fingers. Even if I couldn't hear them they could hear me. "Remember your code word?" Jameson asked.

"Yes. It's racoon". I said.

"Right. Now calm your nerves and act normal. Just tell yourself your just on another day at work". Jameson suggested.

Ha! Easy for him to say. I may look calm on the outside but inside my head I had a thousand little Jacey's running around screaming what have you done? Get out now. Your going to die.

All too soon we pulled up to this massive stone house. Just like Theo had coached me I scanned the grounds and made mental notes of possible escape routes. Jameson gave me a wink and said. "Remember I'm right here. Go get them bladerunner". He added with a smirk.

I nodded and stepped from the car. My legs moved forward toward the door but my mind tried to force them back in the direction they came from. The door opened and several burly men came out. I forced a bright smile on my face. "Hi. I'm here for the exclusive interview with..."

I was cut off by one of the men. "Step inside".

Okay. That went well. My bag was taken and one man rummaged through it as another forced my arm's up. This was obviously the search Theo warned me about. Let's just say my fingernails were even sweating as I prayed they didn't locate my weapons or hidden mic. Just as they neared my shoes a very beautiful woman approached. She gave me a welcoming smile and said. "Enough boy's. She is my guest. Now run along".

I'd never felt so relived in my life than right at this moment. "Please dear, allow me to apologize". She said tucking her arm in between mine and leading me deeper into the home.

"I'm Rosa by the way". She introduced herself.

I then realized I was letting my game slip and pulled myself together. I extended my hand. I explained who I was and how excited I was to conduct this interview. We took a seat in a large living room area and I begun. "You have such a spectacular place here. I would definitely love a tour once we are done and if it's okay with you a few picture's to add with the article?"

She hesitated briefly then agreed. A maid walked in to serve us some beverages and treats. I waited until she ate first just to ensure I wasn't being poisoned. It didn't take long for me to get into full work mode and I was doing surprisingly well considering why I was really here. I didn't screw up once. Finally I was given the grand tour and took this time to scope out potential hiding spots. As we were winding down the interview I purposely spilled drink on my shirt. "Oh no, clumsy me". I gasped.

Rosa smiled and showed me to a bathroom to clean myself up. I waited two minutes before I creaked the door open and peeked out. The coast was clear so I stepped out. I quickly went to the left because I had spotted a door earlier that possibly led to the basement. Taking a deep breath, I slowly opened it and saw a long concrete corridor. Swallowing hard I told myself that he has to be here and stepped in.

The dank smell assaulted my nose but I kept going. I'd stop every few steps to listen out for any signs of people. I finally came to a series of doors that resembled cells. I slowly peeked through the tiny window's in hope's of spotting Staveno. All were empty save for one. There was a dark haired man sitting tied to a chair with his chin resting against his chest as if he was sleeping. I knew instantly that it was him. I tried the door handle and nearly cried when I found it unlocked.  As I stepped in the man didn't stir and my heart started to crash. "Staveno". I whispered ever so softly.

His head jerked up instantly. "Jacey. What are you doing here?" He hissed.

I rushed to him and threw my arm's around him. "I'll explain later. Right now we've got to get you free".

It took a long second for me to remove the blade from my shoe but I managed. I started slicing into the rope that bound his hands. I was nearly done when the door slung open and Rosa followed by her men stared me down. She smiled a vicious smile and said. "I was wondering what took you so long. Foolish girl".

I didn't know what else to do so I fished my gun from my bra and trained it on her. Rosa laughed. "You'll need something bigger than that to save your ass now".

Rosa started toward me and I recalled the kick Theo had showed me. I swung my foot out and slammed it into her gut. "Bet you didn't see that coming huh? Really, like my magazine would really want to interview you. Who's the foolish girl now?" I goaded.

I don't know where this sudden burst of bravery came from but I liked it.... well until I saw the men coming for me. I went to aim the gun but it slipped from my grip. I caught it, but lost it again but finally latched on to it. All the while the men including Staveno were ducking and cussing.

I glanced at Staveno. "Sorry, I've got it now".

"Ummm". Was all he said as he arched his brows as if asking are you sure.

The men closed in on me and I started backing up closer to Staveno. "I'll shoot". I said trying not to sound so girly.

The men didn't feel the least bit threatened and kept coming. Suddenly I felt my head being pushed down as Staveno did a leap frog jump over my head and disarmed me. Obviously I had sliced the ropes enough for him to free himself.

Staveno shoved me to the ground right as gunfire rang out. The men fell to the floor as more entered but thankfully Theo and the other's had arrived and the war begin. Staveno shoveled me into a nearby closet and gripped my jaws harshly. "Stay fucking put until I come back. I fucking love you but I'm so indescribable mad at you right now I could shoot you myself". He slammed his lips to mine then slammed the door.

The gunfire never seemed to cease as I slid my back down the wall in a crouching position. The reality of the risks I had taken finally surfaced and tears came as the shots and screams rang out.