My New Joy

Waking up from a sound sleep I immediately clutched my abdomen as a searing pain roared through. A sweat had broken out on my forehead and I knew something wasn't right.

It had been several week's since I made nice with Staveno but it crawled on my conscience all the time. I hated just accepting that Magna will be around and that he would be working close to her. It made my insides gnaw with worry. I haven't slept with him though, I used my pregnancy as an excuse to get out of it. No way was I going to give myself to him when he made me feel so low.

My due date was still two week's away but I also knew that didn't mean anything. I knew I could go at anytime. Another pain gripped my stomach and this one was sharper than the last. A slight moan escaped my lips and I begin to shake Staveno awake. "What is it love?" He asked groggily.

"It's time". I said winded.

"Time for what?" He asked confused still half asleep.

"Staveno the baby is coming. I need to go". I said.

Instantly his eye's flew wide open and he sat up. "Now Jacey, like right now?"

"No but soon. We must go". I said trying to sit up so I could slip into clothes.

Staveno jumped from the bed and grabbed his phone. In seconds he had a car waiting for us. I hobbled to the dresser to get the clothes I had laid out just in case of this very situation. Before I could make it I whelped out and hunched over grasping my stomach. "Love, are you okay?" Staveno asked rushing toward me halfway dressed.

"Yes, it's just labor pains. Help me dress please?" I asked.

Staveno peeled my nightgown from me and just as I reached for my sweats I felt a trickle of water stream down my legs and puddle to the floor. "Staveno". I said in a shaky voice as I looked at the watery mess.

"Oh love. It's okay. You'll be fine. Let's get you dressed". He said pulling a shirt over my head.

Suddenly a vicious pain ripped through me and I wailed out holding onto him. I started to cry as reality set in and I realized I was about to give birth. "I'm so scared Staveno, it hurts so bad".

"I know love. I'm so sorry for everything my baby." He said lifting me up gently.

"Don't cry my love. I'm going to be with you every moment". He tried to soothe me.

He headed out of our room and started making his way to the waiting car. As we passed his men he shouted orders out to them to guard the hospital. We nearly made it to the door when I heard her voice ring out. "Oh Staveno, are you okay? Should I come to support you?"

"Keep her away". I bellowed through my pain.

Staveno looked at Magna. "You heard her. Stay away from the hospital. That's an order".

I looked up at him stunned. "Why couldn't you do that months ago before I started hating you". I whispered.

I don't know why I said that, it wasn't true even though I thought it at time's. I think the pain and fear had me a bit delirious. "What?" Staveno asked hurt.

"You chose her over me. You made me feel so bad about myself because of the pregnancy weight. I felt like you wasn't attracted to me anymore and only used me to have your baby. You've been so mean to me and I don't understand why". I sobbed.

"Why didn't you tell me this before now Jacey? I assumed it was your crazy hormones. Baby I found you even more attractive with your swollen belly knowing my child was growing in the woman I love. We will discuss this later. Right now we are having a baby but know this, I couldn't love you more than I do right now".

Another pain tore through me and our conversation was forgotten. Finally we arrived at the hospital and I was immediately placed in the best birthing room there. Three hour's had passed and I don't know how many time's I had pushed. I bared down yet again and gave a cry. "I can't Staveno, I can't anymore."

"Yes you can love. You're doing great baby. Just alittle more love". He said smoothing my hair off my forehead and placing a kiss to my temple.

After several more pushes Staveno said in an excited voice. "I see the head love. You're amazing babe. Keep going".

Giving it my all I gave a final push and I heard my baby cry out. "It's a girl". The doctor said and went through his routine before lying my bundle in my arm's. She laid on my chest as Staveno leaned down to the both of us. With tears in his eye's and emotion in his voice he whispered. "The two most beautiful women in my life. My heart feels as if it may explode with love for you both".

A few moment's later he held her in his arm's and said in a horse voice. "You will never know hurt my little angel. I will forever protect you and your mother with my life".

We agreed to call her Isabella and Izzy for short. Two day's later we went home and stayed in our room for day's just relishing in Izzy. A crib was placed in our room until we both felt comfortable with sleeping apart from her. Before we knew it six week's had passed and I would be returning to work. We had hired a nanny to watch over her but Staveno always worked from home so I knew he'd be close by. I also had a nursery set up in my office so I could bring her with me occasionally.

It felt good slipping back into my old clothes and having my figure back. Of course it wasn't exactly the same. My hips were a bit rounder and my bottom plumper but I still rocked it. Staveno looked me up and down as I entered the room. "I'm going to get me some of that tonight love so just be prepared."

I laughed as I kissed him. I had been thinking of canceling the entire Josh thing. Staveno had slipped back into his old ways with me and I felt special once again. Bidding him and Izzy goodbye I stopped by the kitchen to grab a coffee. As I turned the corner I ran into Magna. "Why are you here?" I hissed.

"You know why Jacey. This is my boss's home. We work from here. What, you think because you popped a baby out your suddenly important to him? I've told you once as well as Staveno has, I'm not going anywhere."

Taking my hot coffee I slung it in her face and walked out. No I wasn't going to sweat this but I wouldn't be canceling Josh coming either. It's my turn now.