Without A Warning Label

I moped around for the next few day's after Staveno left but thing's really got better. We spoke even more and sent each other care packages. I would send him some of the most traditional American item's and he'd send me everything. From the finest chocolates, clothes, just everything. Very expensive item's at that. We had finally got this long distance relationship down and it didn't seem as hard. The only bummer was I could reach out and touch him. I did ask what cologne he wore and went out and bought it the next day. I sprayed my bedding with to feel near him.

A week after he left I had a new car delivered to me as promised. A sporty little Mercedes. Not only that a credit card came through the mail for me with a unlimited spending range but I never used it. I didn't feel right to do so. By now my parent's had grown suspicious of all the expensive thing's I was accumulating. I finally told them about Staveno. They didn't say much but I could tell that they wasn't thrilled about me dating some strange foreign man. If they only knew the half of it.

I mean yes I knew Staveno claimed he was mafia but I really didn't see him capable of killing or saleing drugs and guns. Yes he could react in a jealous rage but my Staveno is sweet. I'm sure he just claims to be this big time leader and he's more like a successful business man working legally. Then again his wedding did get sabatoged but it could just have been a fluke.

No, I think Staveno feels like a mafia God because of his success. I'm sure he isn't like the great mafia Lord's you here about in history.

Nearly two month's had passed now since I last saw him and we recently made plans for me to visit next month. I was going to cash in on my vacation day's at work and fly out for a week. Needless to say I didn't have to pay for a thing. His jet would pick me up at the local airport and whisk me too him.

That day at work a bouquet of lovely flowers was delivered to me along with a coffee from my favorite shop here. Staveno always took the time to ask me my favorite places here and send me little gifts from them. The flowers brightened my mood so much that I decided to take a walk duiring my lunch hour. For once the day wasn't too cold and the sun was shining. I found a empty table outside a small diner and ordered me a lemon water to sip and just take in the sun.

I'd been sitting there for about ten minutes when I spotted them. They were walking toward me and a chill went up my spine. I instantly remembered what little thing's Staveno told me about them. I decided to act casual and normal. Nope, I'm not going to freak out.

I picked up my phone as if I was scrolling or texting as they sat at the table next to me. I prayed they didn't recognize me. I decided to shoot Staveno a text.

"The three girl's I stole the invites from are here, sitting at the table beside me".

As I waited for a reply one spoke up. "Excuse me, you seem so familiar. You didn't happen to be in Italy over the summer did you?"

Talk about a small world. I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth to speak but one of the other girl's called out. "Yes, it's you. Your friend was choking and we helped."

Fuck my luck. What to do now. "Oh, um". I stuttered as my phone buzzed. "Excuse me one second" I said reading the text.

"Tell me where you are and do not leave."

I instantly shot my location back to him and waited for his instructions. Turning my attention back to the three women I said. "No. Sorry. Wasn't me. I've never been to Italy much less out of the country".

I hope they bought that but it was hard to tell. My phone buzzed again. I hurriedly read the text.

"Don't panic and don't give any info to them. I have a few men that will be there anytime. Go with them. They will keep you safe".

What? Men? Could he actually have people watching me? I didn't get to text back because suddenly a hard object that I guessed to be a gun was jabbed into my side. "Don't move or scream. We killed Staveno's first girl and we will kill you as well. Now without bringing any attention to yourself stand up. Leave your phone and bag here. You are coming with us".

Oh my. What am I to do. This was so freaking me out and I couldn't feel my knees knock together as I rose. We started down the sidewalk and i murmured. "What do you want with me?"

"If we have you Staveno is sure to come". The tallest one said.

We hadn't got far before a black SUV screeched up beside us. The next few seconds screamed by as everything happened so fast yet seemed to be in slow motion. A few men jumped from the car and grabbed all of us. They disarmed the women without a hitch and I was placed up front as they tied and gagged the women. The driver looked at me as we sped away. "Don't worry Miss. You are safe with us. We are Staveno's men. However you must come with us but don't fret, Staveno is already on his way".

I didn't nod nor could I speak. I was just in shock. Thirty minutes later we arrived at a tiny cabin in the woods. From the outside it looked as if it had seen better day's but the inside was immaculate and boasted with high end technology. "My work". I mumbled. "I must get to work".

"Sorry. We have the strictest orders not to let you from our site until Staveno arrives. However i will let you call in. You better ask for a few day's".

I nodded as he handed me his phone. Calming my voice I made the call. I came up with the excuse that I was suddenly hit with possible food poisoning. No sooner than I hung up the other men carried the women in and dropped them on the floor as if they were trash. I saw the fear in their eye's and a instance of sorrow filled me. "Rest now". The man told me.

I curled up into a tight ball on the only couch there was. Turning away from the women I finally fell asleep. I slept until the next morning I guess due to the scary events. The only reason I woke up was because I heard Staveno's voice as he hissed at the women, careful not to wake me. Blinking my eye's rapidly I was able to make out Staveno placing a silencer on a gun. My stomach churned as he took aim at the first woman. My mouth opened to scream but nothing came out. It was if I'd lost the function to speak. Then it happened.

I watched the man I loved kill not just one person but three. I watched him sail a bullet into each women's head and them fall over dead. Seconds went by and finally the scream found its way out. It was a shrill, blood curdling scream worthy of a horror film. I watched as Staveno and the men quickly turned toward me.

The hardness that was on Staveno's face instantly disappeared as he saw me. It was replaced with a look I couldn't identify. He then glared at his men. "You didn't give her enough you fool. She wasn't suppose to see this. Get those bitches out of here and dispose of them properly".

Who's harsh voice was that. It wasn't his voice, this wasn't him. Wait, give me enough of what? The man handed me a cup of water when we got here. Had I been drugged? Oh no, what's happening? My Staveno didn't just do this. I had to be dreaming. Wake up JJ. This is all a bad nightmare. Your Staveno would never do this. He isn't a killer. He isn't a monster. He's a good man.

The screams kept coming.  I couldn't stop them as I watched the women's bodies being removed leaving a trail of blood behind. Wake up now JJ. He was coming toward me. Was I next? But his face was soft now. His face was that of the man I knew. The man I loved. He pulled me into his arm's but I fought him. "No, no, noooo..." I screamed thrashing against him.

"Shhh... love. "He said soothingly. "All is well now. Your safe. No one will hurt you love. I'll never allow it. Calm down baby".

"Noooo..." I screeched as my face became soaked in tears. "Get away from me. All of you get away. You killed them. You killed them. Get away from me. Let me go. Your crazy. Your all crazy". I screamed still trying to break free from his arm's.

A odd look came across Staveno's face and I felt his hand settle between my shoulder and neck. He was applying pressure and I could feel myself becoming lite headed. "Stop, no. Your hurting me". I wailed.

"You need rest love". Staveno whispered as I gave in to sleep.