Silk Ribbons And Fairytale Lights

Oh my goodness what am I going to do? I've let my tounge run ahead of me. My mouth spoke before my brain could catch up and now I find myself entrapped in these silk streamers with Staveno's hand snuggly gripped at my throat. No, he wasn't hurting me but I was uncomfortable, for I knew what he could do to me and no one would ever find me.

I leaned back in the silk makeshift swing to try and get out of his grip but that only worsened my predicament. I leaned to far and found myself tumbling over but I never hit the floor. No, the now hideous drapes caught my fall yet I was turned upside down. That's right, I was literally hanging with my head mere inches from the floor. To add insult to injury my dress fell down exposing my barely there panties. I struggled to right myself but it only worsened my situation. Then I remembered I wasn't alone, Staveno was watching my pathetic attempts to get upright. The bastard was even laughing. "Really? Could you maybe stop being an asshole for a moment and help me?'

He bent down so his face was level with mine. "Not a chance love. This is fantastic and not to mentionthe view I'm getting from the top".

"You pig". I snarled.

"Oh, so modest now love? What happened to carefree Jacey that was ripping her bikini top off... huh?" He laughed then gave me a push.

There I went swinging back and forth and spinning around getting even more tangled up. "St-Veno". I screeched as he doubled over in laughter.

"So help me, if you don't get me loose this instant, better yet untie me... Oh I swear, Sta-Vee-Noooo". I screeched again as he gave me a harder push.

Eventually he stopped me and set me free. In a fit of rage I went toward him with my fists slinging but I was so dizzy from the spinning I wandered in the wrong direction which only caused more laughter to erupt from him. "No. Stop. Seriously. I can't". He guffawed.

"Screw you jerk". I hissed and started walking away only to get my mask caught in the streamers  and suddenly my head was intwined in the silk ribbons. Of course more laughter rang from him but he did help me out this time immediately. Before I could take a step Staveno used a streamer to jerk me to him and knot our bodies together. "Oh how I've missed you love". He crooned.

"Bullshit". I sneered. "You don't let someone you love go like you did. You just don't walk away and never contact them".

"You've got it all wrong my JJ." He whispered. "Didn't you hear what I told you love?"

"It's kinda hard to focus after what I saw, what I learned. I didn't take you seriously. I didn't know you did those... thing's". I said.

"And I told you that's why I can't be with you my love. I couldn't bring you into my world, taint your innocence. I couldn't risk something like that happening to you again. I just couldn't. " he said, his voice suddenly full of emotions.

"But you didn't give me time to absorb it or decided for myself what I wanted". I accused.

"And if I had, if I had waited, not left, what would your answer have been?" He questioned.

"Yes. A thousand times yes." I answered angrily. "I would've stayed because I loved you beyond all your faults".

"And now?" He asked.

"You hurt me Staveno". I said in a whisper.

"I'm sorry love". He whispered back and I could feel his hand trying to connect with my mine.

I took a deep breath and pulled my hand away. "It's complicated now. I'm with someone".

"Your with me. That is all". He replied.

"No Staveno. It doesn't work that way. You just can't pop back into my life and expect everything to be all hunky dory again. I moved on. I have an excellent job that I love and worked hard to get. I have Ace also. And you... you live here. Your life is here. It just wouldn't work this time around. We've both changed. We, we, we, are stranger's." I said breathlessly.

"No. Never are we stranger's love." Steveno insisted. "We can do this. Give me a chance. I won't run this time. I'll fucking buy you a magazine here.  That's right. Move here and be with me Jacey. I can make you so happy again". 

I shook my head no sadly and started to speak but the song changed over and it just had to be that song. Boom, clap, the song that we shared our first dance to. The song that first brought Staveno into my life. The song that had been ours. I turned my head away and chewed my bottom lip thankful that the mask helped conceal my teary eye's. I felt Staveno lift my hand and place it upon his chest to feel his heartbeat as the tune played on. It took all I had to contain my emotions. Absentmindily my fingers rubbed against his chest. "Love". He whispered and I started to shake my head again but he pulled me to him and in seconds his mouth was upon mine. I didn't fight it. Instead I delved my tounge into his mouth and drank him up. My arm's snaked their way around his neck as he crushed me to him. The streamers floated around us and we didn't care how tangled we was coming. The only thing that mattered was this kiss. So much promise rested in this kiss. "Fuck Jacey, I've missed you so much baby". He groaned as his lips worked their way down my neck.

"Not a minute passed that you wasn't on my mind". He continued as he hiked my leg around his waist. "Oh your taste baby. How many time's I've dreamt of your taste".

Then something in me clicked. I couldn't do this. I had Ace and he didn't deserve my unfaithfulness. "No". I stuttered and pulled away harshly.

"I can't Staveno. I just can't." I sobbed.

"Baby please". He begged.

"Ace loves me". I heard myself whisper.

"Fuck him". Staveno growled, all the softness gone.

"I must go". I said and he glared at me.

"I'll let you go then, but I promise babe this isn't over. We aren't over. I'll see you soon". He snorted then walked away leaving me stranded amongst the sea of drapes.

What had I done. I was so confused. And what the hell did he mean by that last sentence? It almost sounded threatening. I found my way out and thankfully the night was coming to an end.