Healed

Thank you Staveno.  That's the only nice thing I can say to him.

Thank you for forming me into the person I am today. I'm no longer that young college graduate that was dabbling into into the career world for the first time. No I am now twenty-seven and at the top of my career because of him.

After he left me it took nearly a week before I absorbed what happened and the initial shock wore off. Then came fresh sadness because I no longer had Staveno accompanied with rage because he denied me the option to chose for myself. Instead of giving me time to process that I had witnessed three murders and he was in fact a mob Lord he ended our relationship. Not once did he ask what I wanted or wait around for me to overcome this. No, he left me without so much as a goodbye.

I was blocked from his social media, my phone calls or texts wouldn't go through either. He basically erased himself from my world. It hurt and I missed him for the longest time. I became a bit withdrawn from society and buried my nose into my work. All my anger, sadness and fear leaked over into my work making me a top notch editor. Within two year's of our breakup I was offered an amazing job due to my meticulous work. Now I'm chief editor at a well known women's magazine and live in Cincinnati in my very own high rise flat overlooking the city. I breath sophistication and I'm always dressed to the nines. Gone is the young girl that ran around in jean shorts and tanks. My job requires me to look fabulous at all time's.

My love life was put on halt for a bit due to my last relationship with a mob boss and my heavyhanded work ethic. Eventually I did step back out into the ceaseless dating scene but only for fun and have my needs met, that was until I met Ace.

Ace came on strong and demanding and that was a huge turnon for me, even though I put him in his place and enjoyed doing so. Our relationship turned into a whirlwind courtship and the chemistry was undeniable. We joked, had steamy sex, laughed, and could occasionally fight like lions, but we made a great team. We don't live together but each of us has our own cabinet at the others place for the nights spent over. As of yet, we aren't ready to move our relationship to the next level and it suits us.

While I'm a busy woman Ace is a busy man. He is Cincinnati's local district attorney and he has aspirations to one day run for govener. Yes he is a bit older than me, Ace is thirty-eight but it's only a eleven year difference. He's took very well care of himself and still  has a body of a younger man. Of course my friend Tory thinks he's with me so he can show his young girlfriend off but she's wrong.

I still keep in contact will my old forever friend's and occasionally Tory visits since she's yet to settle down. On the other hand Keeley married a college professor and my pinky toe has more personality than him, even though I'd never tell her that. Therefore I don't see Keeley much. However we are reuniting this summer in Italy.

That's right. It's been a long time since us girl's spent girl time together or returned to Italy. Yes, at first I was worried and hesitant to return because of Steveno but I thought I'm older and want make the mistake of stealing this time. I know exactly what not to do to bring unwanted attention to myself. I'm sure I will go under the radar and not have any run ins with him.

At first Ace wasn't happy about my month long girl's getaway but eventually he gave in when I wouldn't back down. Yes as it draws closer he will whine saying he doesn't know what he will do without me here and teases that I'll find some younger Italian stud to run off with but that's just not so. I had my share of a young Italian stud who broke my heart in two and I'll never go back there, even though Ace has no idea about Staveno or our history.

No one does or ever will. Not even my girl's. I simply told them what Staveno coached me to say, the long distance relationship was too much and we called it quits.

That is one part of my life that is top secret. Occasionally I wonder what happened to the three girl's bodies but push the images from my mind. I also think of Staveno from time to time, mostly at work when I'm working on a fun article. Like currently it was a few select women describing the best oral sex that they had ever received and a smile touched my lips as I thought my ex could top all these men in that department. Then a few week's ago it was a article about how to train your bad boy and I instantly pictured Staveno. No my bad boy was untrainable but that didn't matter because he was good for me only.

The day finally came and it was time to go. I bid Ace goodbye and met the girl's in Texas where we would reunite and continue this journey together. On the plane my nerves really settled in and I questioned if it was too late to back out, return home but I didn't. I reminded myself to lay low and avoid places that I knew he owned. Other than that it was time to cut loose and enjoy Italy with my friend's.