Suddenly Single

Shockingly, Staveno never came to me that night I walked out to stay in the guest house. I really did expect him to, especially after he viewed the video I left with him. Makes me wonder if he even took the time to watch it. Needless to say I cried myself to sleep with a brokenheart but I knew I couldn't tolerate this any longer.

I woke the next morning feeling drained but I had to go to work. So much important stuff was happening at the magazine that I couldn't lay out to mend my emotions. Forcing myself to push through my normal morning rituals I was half surprised that I managed to look pretty damn good. A little extra concealer to hide my puffy eye's and red nose did the trick. Not in the mood to fuss with my hair, I put it up in a high ponytail and added some pearl drop earrings and managed to look classy. Slipping into a white dress that basically formed itself to my body, I applied a bold red lipstick and red heels. Every few steps I took, I had to pull the hem of the dress down to keep it from shimming up. Gathering Izzy, I made my way to the main house to leave her with the nanny. I stuck to the back hall's in hope's of avoiding Staveno and possibly Magna.

After settling Izzy in with the nanny I made another sneaky attempt at getting out of here unnoticed. I was making my way down the last hall and soon as I turned to make my exit I ran into Staveno. There he stood blocking my path and the look on his face was unreadable. Judging by his rumpled appearance he didn't rest well either and I couldn't help but feel good. I wanted him to suffer as much as I have. His hair was rumpled and he sported a five o'clock shadow. The only thing he wore was some jogging pants, even his feet were bare. I tried not to notice how good he looked but it was impossible. However I wouldn't let it cloud my thoughts. We stood there staring at each other and I honestly didn't know what to say because I couldn't read his face. Was he mad? Sad? Had he watched the video? Finally Staveno spoke. "Can we talk JJ?"

Not wanting to start my day off with this I said. "No, not now. I really need to get to work. Maybe later".

I could tell he didn't like my answer by the way he shifted his weight to the opposite foot and clenched his jaw. Staveno took a few steps toward me and I instantly held my hand up indicating him to stop. Looking down at the floor I bit my lip and shook my head no. "No Staveno" I whispered softly trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"I can't with you anymore". I added.

Staveno took a deep breath and said. "I know you're upset love and I don't blame you. I'm upset at myself as well for not seeing what was happening, for not listening to you. I watched the video and rest assured Magna is gone. I'm sorry".

I continued to stare at the floor. "It's not enough Staveno, not anymore. You've put me through hell the last several month's. I'm sorry isn't going to cut it. You ran Magna off a little too late."

However I was curious as to what Staveno meant by Magna gone. Did he send her away or kill her? Right now I didn't want an answer to that. My life was in such turmoil currently I didn't want to add to it. "Jacey please". Staveno said in a pleading manner.

Shaking my head I said. "I need time to think".

Before I could blink Staveno had my back pressed into the wall and his arm's up on either side of me caging me in. His body leaned into mine as he towered over me. For the first time I realised how bigger he was to me and a inch of fear crept up my spine. "Don't do this Jacey". He said in a hard, demanding tone.

"You fucking know I love you and I haven't touched Magna since you came into my life. You can't leave me, I won't allow it". He gritted out.

"Please Staveno stop". I pleaded. "I must get to work. We can discuss this later".

Staveno smacked his hand against the wall causing me to jump. "I fucked up okay and I'm so fucking sorry love. Look at JJ, look at me".

Slowly I raised my eye's up to meet his. I won't lie, I could see the torture in his face. "I love you Jacey and I swear I'll do everything in my power to make this up to you. Fuck, can't you see what you do to me. Even when you was pregnant I thought you the most beautiful woman in the world. No one can come close to you in my eye's. Yes, I should've took your feelings into consideration, I shouldn't have lied but fuck, knowing you didn't trust me hurt too. I wish you could see yourself through my eye's baby. When you walk into the room at the end of the day I still get butterflies at seeing you. You make me nervous. I've never admitted to it because I didn't want to sound weak but no one has ever effected me like you have. Please J, another try? I'll go crazy without you".

My eye's watered up but I couldn't relent. I just wasn't ready or sure anymore about us. He leaned down and to place a gentle kiss to my mouth but I turned my head away. "Don't do that love". He said in a trembling voice.

"No Staveno. I've really got to go now".

His palm landed hard against the wall in a series of smacks. "Don't fucking do this Jacey. I need you".

Something snapped in me at those word's and I spat. "And I fucking needed you while pregnant, I needed you this entire time but keeping Magna around was more important than my needs".

Ducking under his arm I made my escape and darted out. Once at work I stayed in my office trying to keep to myself until I got my emotions under control. By mid morning I emerged out to see how thing's were going. I was looking over yesterday's shots taken by Josh when I heard Franco's voice from behind. "There's my beauty queen". He purred raking his eye's along my body.

"Jacey, beautiful, I must say that dress has got so many bad thoughts running through my mind."

I laughed and mostly ignored his flirtatious behavior. By lunch he strode up again and ran his finger lightly down my upper arm. "I'd love if you'd join me for lunch. I promise I'll be on my best behavior".

What the hell I thought. Nothing wrong with having lunch with my client's right? It's friendly and business. "Okay, you talked me into". I joked.

As I walked out I saw Franco's eye's watching my rear in this ultra short dress and tugged it down out of habit.