Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Enjoy reading! :)

Emily's POV

It's been a month since that dinner and everything is going fine thankfully. I have not had any encounter with david and his family since then. Work is going fine too except Daniel's behaviour obviously. Not that I mind. I have got used to it.

David is busy with a new upcoming project. And thank God I haven't seen any naked girl too on Daniel's desk. That day is still haunting me.  Seriously. No kidding.

Everything is boring in my life. All I do is work and watch some lame movies and sometimes noah and Cheryl visits me.

I want an adventurous life. You know like I get a possessive hot alpha male. Yum!!! That would be amazing. I'll be the luna and we will have a beta who would always be flirting with me and that will get my mate all angry and that kind of story. But no. I am here stuck with a cold boss, not that he is any less hot than an alpha but, wait..

Wher did that came from? Ugh. I mean, I am just saying the truth. There is no denying in it that he is the most hot guy I have ever seen in reality/live obviously otherwise he is nothing in front of zayn malik.

I was in my office sitting on a chair thinking about how boring my life is and some hot actors. I really need to get a life. Well, I should be grateful for what I have some people even don't have that. The very little angelic part in me thought. Yeah. Right. I should be grateful.

But we will never be grateful. We keep complaining on what we have. We keep asking for better. Not once we are thankful.

As I felt myself dozing off my phone started ringing. Ahh. Who is it now? I only have three people who call me. Literally. It's david, noah or cheryl. And these are the only people who I talk to. I mean, they are practically family to me. They are my family.

I looked at the caller id and saw that its david. Told ya. A smile appeared on my face I immediately answered.

"So you finally missed me". I said. He started chuckling at that.

"You really need to work on your sense of humor". He said and I rolled my eyes. It's good enough.

"But you laughed". I said.

"I didn't want you to think that your humor is bad". He said but then continued. "But I decided against it and told you the harsh reality like an honest person that I am". He completed.

I scoffed and asked instead of replying a smart ass reply. I am so mature."So why did you call me?" I said.

"So there is this ball coming on saturday means tomorrow and-

"I am not going to accompany you". I declared already knowing what he was going to say. He thinks that I am going to accompany him! Again! I was too generous o do what I did a month ago. And now he is expecting THAT from me! I know. I am good but I am not that good.

"You are". He deadpanned. Really bro! You think that would work on me!

"Nope. You should be thankful that I went to that family dinner of yours. If you think that I agreed last time so I'll agree this time too then you are completely mistaken". I said.

"Please". He said. I sighed after hearing that. Like I said. I am a very good person I can't resist a please. But there are people out there who doesn't even blink when you plead. I remember how many times I used to say please to that monster. But he didn't give a shit. He never even felt guilty. Obviously if he ever felt guilty he would have never done that again.