Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Enjoy reading!!!

Emily's POV

"Emily!". He said equally surprised.

He gave me his hand. I took it and got up. "What are you doing here?"  He asked.

"Sleeping". I answered sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. "I am here to eat duh".

"No need to be a smart ass". He rolled his eyes again. "I don't need to, I am". I winked and grinned.

"You are here with someone?". He asked. I nodded my head in reply. And took him where all the tables were set. I pointed at daniel he saw and the air shifted between us. It became tense.

He clenched his jaw. "So you are with him". He nodded understandingly and then turned to me. His face had traces of anger in them. Why? I don't know.

"Yep". I responded. "What about you?". I asked.

"I am here for a meeting". He said. And then continued. "I don't take my assistants to lunch". He completed his posture still tense.

What the hell! Is he trying to mock me or something?

"I think it crosses the boundaries". He said like it's the most legit thing in the world.

"Anyways! I should go. I have a meeting". He said and gave me a quick hug and then went away.

What a weirdo! I shook my head. His words rang in my mind. Boundaries. Lunch. We could be buddies from high school for all you know. I rolled my eyes.

I looked at our table and saw daniel looking at me. I should not keep a man waiting so I strided forward to our table not before giving a quick onceover to the hotel.

I sat on the chair. I saw him and his face was poker. Well. No surprises. His mood swings are worse than a girl on her periods.

"Who was he?". Daniel asked aftersilence of two minutes.

"A friend". I answered.

"Just friends?". He tilted his head and said in a slight mockery.

"Yes". I snapped feeling annoyed by his behaviour. Can't a guy and girl be friends without anyone thinking that they have a thing.

Why everyone is a douchebag these a days? It is the trend of nowadays I guess.

"Okay. Okay". He said as he raised his hands in air in mock surrender.

He then picked up the menu and started checking out. "The chinese pack for me". He said.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked. I thought he was going to order for me too. That's the first time I think he had asked what I wanted to eat.

I picked up the menu and checked everything. Everything sounds tasty but I am not in the mood of any of it. I want to eat fast food.

I looked at him wondering if I should ask or not. He raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Uh-Nevermind". I shook my head.

He has ordered already. It would be a bad thing if I'll ask to go somewhere else. "No. Tell me". He said.

Okay. If you are insisting."Um. Can we go somewhere else?" I asked uncertain of his reaction as he very happily took us here. Well not that happily.

He looked at me for a second then nodded. "Okay". I breathed a sigh of relief. I thought he would be angry or maybe he is angry just concealed it.

Anyways. As long as I am getting my McDonalds. I don't mind anything else. I grinned.

He is nice.