Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Enjoy.

Emily's POV

"What!?" He shouted as his eyes flashed angrily. I cringed at the words that left my mouth involuntarily.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. I will marry you obviously. Anything for my son." I said putting emphasis on the word son, reminding him that it was the only reason I was marrying him.

Right?

I could tell that he didn't exactly liked my words but he looked relieved. We continued to eat silently. The silence was uncomfortable. The atmosphere felt tense between us. I hated it.

After eating I placed my dishes in the sink, I decided to go to my room. Usually daniel and I sat outside near the pool after dinner and talked. About anything and everything. I sighed why did you do that? I was obviously not enough for him. I will never be good enough for anyone. I have never been the first priority of anyone. My parents loved my brother nevermind he isn't my brother. That fucking asshole. My parents loved tony because first of all he was their son and the older child. He had always been the golden child of our family. Don't get me wrong ny parents loved me but I meant that I always noticed the difference that my parents did.

So much for a golden child. I thought bitterly.

I was going when I heard Daniel's voice and stopped. "Are you on your periods?"

"What!?" I shrieked as I turned around. What kind of question is that? He looked kinda embarassed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Yeah..you aren't yourself today and I thought you were. I remember my sister used to become so bitchy during that time." He trailed off.

I narrowed me eyes slightly at him. "So you are saying that I am bitchy?" I asked.

His eyes widened. "No! I didn't mean that. I just-nevermind." He shook his head. I could see that he was worried over my this behaviour. Yeah, take that.

I rolled. my eyes. "No. I am not on my periods." I replied and hurriedly walked upstairs without giving him a second glance.

I laid on the bed not even a tad bit sleepy. After hours of tossing and turning I threw away the blankets and decided to go outside. I checked the time and saw that it was 12 : 36 am.

Careful not making a sound so I don't disturb other people who are sleeping. I walked out of the door and started moving towards the pool.

It was late november so the weather at night was fairly cold and here I was out in a thin tank top and shorts. I rubbed my arms. I guess it wasn't a good idea to come outside this late. I dipped my hand in the pool. The water was cold not the one I would like to go and swim in and I wasn't stupid enough to swim this late anyway.

I just started walking to the bank of the pool when I heard a voice. "What are you doing?" I jumped when I heard someone saying this from behind causing my foot to slip and before I even knew I was in the pool coughing, wheezing.

"What*cough* the hell." I said spitting out the water that went in my mouth. I looked up and saw daniel, his eyes widened and I could see amusement in them.

The water was so cold. "You asshole." I shouted at him and I started shaking from the cold water of the pool. He saw this and muttered a curse before coming and helping me out of the pool. I sneezed.

He quickly got me a bath robe and a towel. I wore the white bath robe and felt a little better. "You caused this." I said glaring at him. It is so cold.