The break

'I love you Tom but sometimes you fuck it up. You tried it on with Vicky. Are you having a laugh? I'm not someone you can use to get with other girls' I sobbed at the door way to my house. I heard heavy foot steps coming from the kitchen. My Dad was coming.

'Wait, it wasn't like that. I love you to Cecilia, it was a mistake. Can't we just make-up' he said with those puppy eyes.

'Tom just go before..' I was interrupted. Shit, what is he going to do. I turn and my dad gives me a reassuring look. But I still did not trust him.

'Excuse me Tom, but you can see that your not wanted here.' My dad spoke calmly, knowing that I was too upset to even talk. As ran up the stairs, and just before I got to my room I herd the slam of the door.

Tom was gone.

I'm Cecilia Zelinger, I am 16 years old and I live in Barnet England. I have just broken up again with my boyfriend Tom who I have been going out with for two years after he asked me to prom.

Before then I have been running around, and it soon became the talk of the school when a friend accidentally blurted it out to him in a science class.

After that I couldn't help myself but to like him. I tried to stop but I couldn't. So when he asked me to go to prom, I was over the moon and as you would if your crush asked. I said yes of course.

From then we have had a rocky relationship. He is one of hottest guy in the year as well as the best footballer so there was always a girl after him. And sometimes he would fall for their tricks; however badly he fell, I always forgave him, I don't know why. I suppose he was my first love and maybe I was afraid of being alone.

'Are you alright darling? Do you want me to get you any thing, chocolate maybe?' My dad said to me as I lay on my bed, facing the wall. I don't even know how bad my mascara has run but all I do know is that I need chocolate. Although I shake my head, declining the offer.

'Call me if you need anything Cecilia?' he says as he exits my room. I continue to sob. how could he do that, ask Vicky as his plus one instead of me . All that I know is that he told her I couldn't make it, but didn't even ask me.

Why today, why did he have to do this this month. It's June and it's my birthday tomorrow. My 17th to be accurate, and I dreading it now. I will go into school and get a few l 'happy birthdays' thrown at me and then I would go home and go out for a family meal.

I may sound a bit spoilt but I wish I could have a special one this year. I remember as a child i would be woken up a 6 am in the morning because my dad got excited over the present he had got me.

I would get the thing I wanted that year and have pancakes made for me for breakfast in bed.

You would then go to school get a couple of stickers from teachers as well as the happy birthday song sang to be at the end of the day.

I would then come home and get ready for my little tea party with my friends and there would be no bitching, no boys, no alcohol and certainly no disappointment! But I suppose as we get older and we become teens and we are not 5year olds singing along to the latest boy band who we don't know the name of .

Birthdays don't become special very often anymore. And it had been awhile since one had been special.

***********************************************

Twitter @isthisanaffair

Please vote it only takes a second !!!

Love

Chloe xxxxxxx