53.

David-

"Y'all ready to go?" I asked Ashley and Bianca as they sat in my room. 

I just got done loading up the truck with their stuff.

They both looked at me sad and nodded.

"Unfortunately." They mumbled grabbing their phones and shit.

"It's only temporary. We going to straighten this shit out." I told them.

Eli stepped in the door way and Ashley left out with him.

"Baby how you feeling right now?" I asked B.

"How many times are you going to ask me that?" She half smiled walking over to me.

"I just want to know where your head at cause you haven't said much about the situation." I told her.

"I know." She mumbled stuffing her charger in her purse.

"I don't want you going mad at me." I said cause that's the last thing I want to happen.

"I'm not mad at you I just don't want to do this." She told me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Baby this the last thing any of us want to do but we can't risk y'all being here." I told her and she nodded.

"I know. But the last thing we want is something happening to one of y'all." She said making her point.

"Whether we like or not all of us in danger right now but we know what to do and we got this alright." I said now holding her face gently in my hands.

"I wish shit wasn't like this sometimes. I just want a normal life." She shook her head looking in my eyes.

"Shit I wish we had it different too but this just what we know and how it's gone." I shrugged as she held on to me.

"Before anything happens I just want to tell you how much I love you. A lot been goin in between us and just in general but I love you to death, you the mother of my son, the love of my fucking life. Can you believe that?" I chuckled bitterly.

She smiled.

"I love you too but you sound like you're saying goodbye." She said.

"Cause unfortunately I might be." I said being honest.

This wasn't going to be easy any one of us could get dropped and that's just the reality of it all. None of us are guaranteed to make it out of this alive. We can only hope.

She sighed.

"David I need you to come back to me. I need every last one of y'all to come back to us. We all we got for real none of us got our blood family but we are a family."

"I can't promise you we going to make it I can promise you that imma always have it on my mind to make it home to you baby girl just know I never meant to leave you hanging if I do." I told her which hurt to say.

She just hugged me like she never wanted to let go and I hugged her back the same because I didn't want to either.

"I had a taste of what it's like to not have you here I can't feel that again." She said into my shoulder.

"I want more than anything to promise you imma come out of this and we going to be good but I don't want to say that and I can't keep it." I told her.

"I love you." She said lifting her head from my shoulder looking up at me.

"I love you too." I said and she got on her toes to kiss me.