Chapter 14

I quickly returned to Sans to tell him my findings. At that point I kept the meeting between me and Gaster to myself, not wanting to worry the skeleton further. Sans scratched his skull, thinking deeply about the information I was able to decode.

" It looks like we need to travel to the AUs kid. We need those people to help break that barrier " I nodded, becoming nervous. I wasn't sure what the next step was going to be and that shook me. Fear of the unknown.

" Did ya decode that machine diagram?" I reached quickly into my back pocket and pulled the diagram out, pointing to the title.

" It says ' The AU portal ' " Sans took the paper carefully from my hands, not wanting to tear it. He began to pace up and down, his slippers making a faint thud noise on the wooden floor.

" We need to build this Kyra" I was in shock at this. How could he expect us to make a machine so complicated? I was about to protest when Sans stopped me.

" We need this to break the barrier. We must do it!" I figured that arguing with Sans was impossible and I just went along with what he had to say.

" Where do we get the material?" Sans shrugged, not really knowing himself.

" Alphys?" I smiled at how hard the skeleton was trying to build this machine.

" We can try " Sans left quickly to make a call, probably to Alphys. If this machine would help I was willing to try and build it.

The next day came around and Sans and I were waiting for Alphys, both tired from lack of sleep. We hadn't slept much. Sans kept me awake with science talk all night, things I didn't quite understand. Papyrus bounded into the living room and placed down two hot plates of spaghetti.

" I made extra in case Alphys and Undyne come soon " I grinned at how Papyrus was trying to be a good host, even though nobody had arrived yet. I rubbed my eyes and picked up a fork, tasting Papyrus' spaghetti for the first time. I hadn't had time to taste it. I had been so busy since I arrived in the underground. My eyes widened. It tasted wonderful.

" Papyrus...this is amazing " The tall skeleton smiled wider, stars almost twinkling in his eye sockets.

" Really?! Thanks human! " I continued to eat but Sans, he wasn't touching his food. He seemed upset about something. He didn't seem like himself. He was always eating from what I could tell and it troubled me that he wasn't.

" Sans " I spoke softly.

" Is something wrong?" The skeleton sighed and perked up, obviously faking it.

" I'm good kid " I was about to argue back, still not convinced he was ok, when the door opened. I heard an unfamiliar voice and quickly turned around to face the door, previously assuming it to be Alphys and Undyne.

" Hello darlings "

( Undertale belongs to Toby Fox )