Chapter 68

The wind blew my ebony hair from left to right, covering my eyes on occasion and rendering my sight useless. The wind leading into Snowdin was always so chilling, reminding me of the first day I fell. I remember feeling the cold after exiting the Ruins and meeting Sans shortly after. It seemed so long ago. The cold air was somewhat inviting now, as it brought back memories of a happier time. A time that was simpler and things we not so complicated. I began to rub my hands together in an attempt to warm them up. I watched as the skelebros talked in the distance, leaving me falling behind with the rest of the group. I didn't mind much but I did want to know what the others were talking about.

" What's on ya mind doll?" I jumped slightly, Fell shaking me from my thoughts and attempts at eavesdropping. I put my hand over my heavily beating heart and looked into the skeleton's crimson eye, noting the concerned lowered brow as I did. I nodded, not saying a word and wanting to just listen to the sound of my footsteps as they crunched loudly in the snow. I watched as Fell shrugged in dismissal and shoved his hands in his pockets, beginning to walk faster to catch up with his doppelganger. Every second I was falling further behind, blending more into the background with every passing second. I wasn't sure what purpose I had now. What did I do? Where did I go? Was I of any use? The thoughts took over my mind, sending me crashing to the floor in a heap. Papyrus looked back to me, cornern in his eyes. I met his gaze as he gingerly made his way to me, holding out his arms in a warming embrace.

" Human, want a hug?" I watched as Sans turned to face us, a content smile staring back at me. I had missed moments like this, feeling like somebody cared when I was in my darkest times. Sure, I was looked after all this time but all I cared for was the comfort of a family. I wanted to belong so badly, the feeling shaking my soul to its very core. I embraced the tall skeleton, salty tears hotting the ground and instantly freezing. I began to sob, the disembodied hands patting me on the back in comfort. I got what I wanted, I felt like I belonged. Was this my family?

( Undertale belongs to Toby Fox )