Chapter 92

I stood silent for a few moments, my heart being the only sound I was able to hear. Frisk? When had Frisk made their way here? Sans gestured for the soul to come to him, the soul doing so gently and carefully. Sans chuckled, seeing the shock on my face. 

" The kid is harmless Kyra. Not hurt a soul. Welp, not conscious anyway " The soul seemed to flicker dimly in the low light, illuminating the skeleton's pale face, his eye flaring up into a fierce blue flame. I could sense that his memories must have been haunting him, hurting the poor monster to the point that he couldn't even control his emotions. Sans' life hadn't been all that easy, too many secrets to keep. That would take a toll on anyone and even though he wasn't human Sans was no exception. I looked over to Blueberry, who still seemed sound asleep, I was astounded that the noise hadn't awoken him. I walked over to the blue clad skeleton, feeling his bones in my hands. Ice cold. The air around us was warm, no real reason why the taco loving skeleton would be cold. I tried my best to wake Blueberry, finding his arms and body frozen to the spot. No amount of my force could move him. I looked to Sans, worry filling my eyes. My disembodied hands tried doing the same task, also finding it futile. They flickered in disappointment and worry. I watched as Sans turned his back on me, sighing gently and holding Frisk in his bony hands. 

" I know who brought them here, the one who looked after then when I...I " It hurt me to see Sans unable to complete his sentence, even though I knew what the end was. I reached out, about to place my hand on the material that covered the skeleton's skinless shoulders. I hated seeing Sans like this and it seemed that the closer we got to the final battle the worse he got. I couldn't stand by and watch this unfold, not anymore. 

" Sans.." I felt my hand being tugged back, a white hand with a hole covering mine. Gaster looked down on me, his eyes as hollow and lifeless as usual. The ghost made its way over to its son, placing the hand on his shoulder. 

" I did it to help you son. I didn't want to die that day. I'm finally helping you like I should have done all these years " Florescent blue tears fell to the floor, silently but speaking loudly in the terms of the skeleton's emotions. I stood by, Gaster's own disembodied hands comforting the skeleton as he sobbed and weeped. Pulling Sans and Frisk tightly into a hug. 

" I'm here now son " 

( Undertale belongs to Toby Fox )