Chapter 64

Night fell before we knew it, time passing by as quick as a shooting star. We knew that preserving energy was the best thing to do for the day that lay ahead of us, however, my mind had other plans. I sat just outside Hotland, perching on the side of a riverbank and watching the water flow peacefully. Wind was dancing in my long ebony hair even though wind should be none existent underground. I didn't question it though, my mind was occupied with other things. How would people react to our return? Would Papyrus be angry that we lied to him? How dangerous could Error and Chara be? There was so much left to deal with and we didn't know how much time was left or how quickly the two destroyers were moving. I sighed gently, digging my nails into the soft soil of the bank. My thoughts began to drift to what I would do after all this was over. I had no home to speak of and nobody to turn to. Perhaps I could stay with one of my new friends or maybe live in a different AU. Only time would tell and I knew I had other things I should have been thinking about, more important issues to deal with but it was like my soul was telling me to rest. I felt a familiar presence behind me, it felt calming and kind, different to when I first felt it. Smiling gently, I turned behind myself to see Gaster standing over me. His cracked mouth in a caring smile and kindness in his hollow eyes.

" Well done Kyra " I stood to my feet and placed my hand on the figment's ice cold shoulder, my eyes closed and my heart beating steadily. Not an ounce of fear in it. Gaster raised his brow, confused by my silent actions.

" Don't thank me till this is over Gaster. I still haven't unlocked everything about my powers " I watched from the corner of my eye as Gaster nodded slowly, a sudden realization spreading across his skull and becoming increasingly apparent. I crossed my arms and stood away from the ghostly figure slightly, not knowing what he was going to say or do. Gaster was never this quiet, something that shook me to my very core.

" Look after my sons dear child " I smiled and turned to face the water, looking off into the distance of stars and darkness. The glow resonating off the sparkling rocks and illuminating my face. The air was soft and gentle. My mind finally at ease and my body relaxed.

" Sure. They have protected me enough " Positivity and determination filled the air, and my soul.

( Undertale belongs to Toby Fox. Swapfell belongs to the rightful owners )