THREE

- Juliet's POV -

"THEY'RE LIKE, THE richest of the rich," Amanda said snottily.

Juliet wanted someone to shoot her in her head. Multiple times.

All she wanted was to acquaint herself with the campus, not run into this diva and her groupie friend. She bumped into her and then told Juliet to watch it. She further commented on her old people clothing, and made a racist comment about her accent. It wasn't until Juliet realised that this was a Carlton diva who knew almost everything about everybody that she began to play nice instead of smacking her.

Juliet questioned her about the school's students, and Amanda started to rattle on and on like a radio that never ever switched off.

"There's Nathan Ashton, who's this gorgeous, hunky, rude, cold fish. His family owns this enormous chain of luxurious hotels all over the world and he's uber rich. But for some reason, he doesn't seem to like anyone," she said a little hurt. "He refused me when I asked him out on a date! How dare he! As if I'm beneath him!" 

"Focus, Amanda," Juliet reminded her calmly. "Don't stray from the point."

"Right. Right." Amanda blinked stupidly. "So, there's Adam Camden, this kinda nice guy who's smart and sweet. The Camdens are literally one of the richest families in the world - but I'm sure you know this. He's good looking but not wow OMG he's so hot! kinda good looking, you know?"

"Sure."

"A bit too soft for me," she added as an afterthought. "There's his twin sister, Nyssa, who's really into sports and basically barks at everybody. She can be really annoying most of the time. Stubborn bitch," she commented sourly. "Then there's Alex Camden. He's the same age as the Camden twins but he isn't a triplet." She leaned in closer to whisper, "he's a bastard child. His dad slept with another woman before he met his wife a few months later and voila! Here comes Alexander, a silent prince of Carlton! He's wicked smart - the heir of the Camden family fortune since he's older by six months. He already owns a huge law firm, and he's only seventeen!" She exclaimed. "No one ever gets into bed with him though. Like he's really nerdy and all, but he's hot too." She sniffed. "And he's almost always busy and so serious and quiet and cold. He is also kind of boring, if you think about it. Worse than Nathan, I swear." She rolled her eyes. "Then there's Cain Andersen," she gushed, "His family owns one of the biggest modelling companies in the world and they are signed up with the hottest supermodels. They earn like, millions, every week or something like that. He has boyish good looks and a witty mouth - has slept with basically everyone. Great in bed, by the way," she whispered and winked, "and finally, there's Marie."

The girl behind Amanda sighed, as if hearing this girl's name brought her immense sadness. "Poor Marie. She's the charity case. She's kind of too nice to everyone, so that's got to be fake, right?"

"Sure."

"So, like, nobody knows how she got to be friends with a power group like that, but she is. She's constantly smiling and there's this annoying bounce to her step all the time. It's irritating. Everyone knows that she's here on a scholarship," she informed, as if it was supposed to surprise Juliet.

Should she gasp dramatically? Juliet kind of wanted to gasp dramatically. It always looked so cool in the movies.

So she tried it.

Amanda looked a little concerned. "Do you have asthma? I won't know what to do if you have an asthma attack, you know."

Juliet sighed. "Nevermind. So, that's basically it?"