F I F T Y N I N E

Lia is totally going to be the perfect, Desi mom 😩 I'm thinking of writing a book set in Lia's perspective - full on Desi, with lots of Desi references and lots of Hindi.

But I'm not sure how many of my readers are Desi so then I don't want to write a book 90% of my readers won't understand 😔

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- Juliet's POV -

March was a hectic month. Lots of exams. Lots of studying. Juliet was extremely tensed, and Alex barely slept. When the last of their exams ended, Juliet went straight into Alex's arms and pushed him into his bedroom, closing the door firmly behind them.

It was April now, and Juliet's birthday.

They had slept in, and Alex woke her up with a bunch of small kisses all over her face. Then he dragged her all the way to the shower and washed her hair, insisting that she shouldn't be doing anything today.

Her parents had called her, but she simply refused to pick it up. Alex had given her a look, which made her feel guilty, and she called them back.

They had wished her formally, and then told her that there was to be a party and she had to attend. She said no, and cut the call. She gave Alex an I told you so look.

They exercised, and then Alex danced with her. Juliet was grinning like a maniac by the time they were too tired to continue dancing. She kissed him then, feeling as happy as Typhon did at that moment. He was running circles around the couple as they danced.

Afterwards, Alex took her to a petting zoo, where she was surrounded by golden retriever puppies and nearly cried because they were so fucking cute.

"I'm cheating on Typhon," she whispered, thinking of her husky.

"He'll survive," Alex said.

She spent nearly two hours there, cuddling with animals. He took her back to her apartment to clean up, where Juliet hugged Typhon out of guilt and brought him a new toy from the petting zoo. As if he could smell the scent of other animals, he barked at Juliet as if to say Cheater! and went to his small bed. He refused to look at Juliet, which made her pout.

Alex had laughed at her then, and took her to the mall. She shopped, and Alex made her let him pay for it all. She had a delicious cold coffee as well that Alex forced her to try.

"Try something new," he insisted.

"What if I don't like it? And then it'll be a waste of - "

He stuck the straw of the cup into her mouth and waited. She had sighed lightly and sipped.

She was in heaven.

Alex then stopped the car at a market and told her go crazy.

She skipped to the market with Alex in tow. There were vegetables and fruits which were fresh and green and crisp and there were seeds and flowers and -