S I X T Y T W O

- Juliet's POV -

Juliet had her bathing suit underneath her maroon dress. It was a two piece, black in color, declared a little too modest by Nyssa but very sexy by Marie. They sent a picture of it to Marie for confirmation - because Juliet wanted another opinion, and because they both felt that Marie was feeling lonely and being pushed aside. Juliet wanted to hug Marie. She didn't like it when other people felt left out, because she knew what it felt like - to feel left out.

They were all in their robes now, coming into the Jacuzzi room. One enormous Jacuzzi occupied the room. It was like an Olympic swimming pool, but incredibly warm.

Juliet searched for Alex and found him talking to Cain in the back of the room, his shoulder tensed. The room was nearly empty save for them. She walked up to him and patted his shoulder. "Alex."

He turned and looked at her, but not in the way she was expecting him to be. She didn't know what she was hoping for. A smile? A pleased expression?

But no. Alex looked mad. Annoyed.

She took a step back. "Alex?"

"I'm surprised you have time to talk with me, considering you were so busy making out with your fiance in the changing rooms," he said, his voice flat and cold. The old Alex had resurfaced. That mean one who had completely disregard for other people's feelings. But even that cold Alex had limits, didn't go too far with his mean words.

This one, this Alex was too angry to control the level of rudeness.

"I wasn't making out with Kenneth," she said sharply, ready to explain it to him. Of what really happened.

But he was showing her a picture. A picture of Kenneth kissing her, his back to the camera and her face slightly visible. "Oh? Then what is this?"

"Where did you get this?" She said through clenched teeth. Who the fuck was taking a picture of her being taken advantage of? What kind of a dishonourable, disgusting, unreliable person would -

It was from Niah. Her name was up there. She sent this picture to him. Alex hadn't replied to Niah yet.

Tears pricked at Juliet's eyes. That picture... It wouldn't back her up. That picture looked like she was making out with Kenneth on purpose. He wouldn't listen to Juliet. But she didn't know that. So she tried, "Alex. It's not what it looks like at all. I was - "

"I don't want to hear it," he said quietly. "Just leave me alone, Juliet. We're done."

Juliet had no words.

There was utter despair and hurt. So much hurt - he wouldn't even give her a chance to explain, and that wounded her. But he looked so set on his decision, so mad - she inhaled shakily, opening her mouth to try one more time, "Alex - "

"Bye," he said, and left, leaving his robe on a stand and dipping into the Jacuzzi. Adam silently stood there. He saw the whole thing.

"Jules," Cain murmured, looking betrayed himself and criticising, "How could you - "

A sob broke out of Juliet, and she walked away from him as fast as she could. A few people stared, but she ignored them. She rushed into the women's bathroom. It was empty. She chose a stall and shut the door. Leaned against the walls and slid to the floor.

And cried.

First, Maya cheated on her. That made her feel... not enough. Like she would never be able to satisfy anybody.

Then, with Lara, she found herself being restricted to do things, to talk to people. Why did you go without telling me? Why were you talking to Emilie so long? Why why why why why - it drove Juliet insane.