TWENTY FOUR

- Adam's POV -

Adam Camden casually asked his mother, "So, how's Mrs Lynch?"

He was having lunch with his parents, and it was a beautiful Monday morning. He had taken the day off along with his twin.

They had plans to set into motion.

His mother responded happily, "Karen is absolutely fine!"

Nyssa asked, "isn't she the one with the daughter who's a model for Zara? That reddish-blonde?"

"Do you mean Katherine Lynch?"

"Yes, that's the one," Nyssa said.

"Oh yes. Very lovely looking girl, that one," their mother replied warmly.

Adam slyly said, "You're not thinking of setting this one up with Alex, are you mother?"

Nyssa shot him a look that said could you be any more smooth?

His mother's eyes brightened. "No. Why? Do you think she's his type?"

"He certainly does like blondes," Nyssa chuckled and shot her twin brother a look.

More like blondes named Juliet, Adam thought.

"I'll ask to see if Katherine would be fine with a blind date!" His mother squealed.

Their father muttered something similar to "my poor son".

Adam wanted to laugh. Poor Alex? More like poor Katherine once Juliet found out.

His mother already had her phone in hand, calling her friend. "Karen! How are you? How's Katherine? Listen, I was wondering if she would be interested in going on a blind date with my son? No no, the elder one - Alex. He's the one who graduated early and owns a law firm already. Yes yes, the one with the Chinese mother," she sounded a little annoyed, but continue nonetheless. "I'm just so worried about him, you know. I don't want some gold digger snatching him up. And Katherine is such a lovely girl. I think they'd hit it off." She paused. "Of course! That's great!" His mother beamed. "I'll be sure to pass Katherine's number along to him. Although I should warn you, Alex tends to be a bit quiet and moody and snappy. But he's just a soft teddy bear inside. Katherine will see. Alright then. See you later!"

Nyssa, Adam, and their father stared at her.

"What?" She asked innocently.

Poor Katherine, Adam thought.

***

- Cain's POV -

This plan was genius.

He was invited to a friend's birthday and decided to take Juliet as his plus one. He would've taken Marie, of course, but he was too embarrassed. Besides, he wanted Juliet and Alex to work so badly.

This was a perfect excuse for Juliet to get all dressed up.

Nyssa was extremely bossy and picky about her clothing, and Juliet nearly murdered her when she suggested putting on false eyelashes.

"You already have darkish eyebrows - lucky you - and your eye lashes are long and all, but maybe if we make it much thicker, it would stand out more prominently?"

Juliet had snarled at her. "If you come at me with those stupid false eyelashes then I will murder you with a cow. And darken my eyebrows? I'm not your bloody twin to paint on when you were both thirteen and stupid."

Adam had pretended as though Nyssa didn't cake his face with makeup when they were thirteen.

But Nyssa grinned. "Ah. Memories. He looked so pretty."

Adam had quickly gone to the kitchen before she continued.

Marie was helping with the hair and grinned at the plan. She had called Cain an "utter genius" and he couldn't stop smiling about it.

The plan was to leave Cain's room the second Katherine and Alex would leave. (Cain lived just across their corridor). Adam was going to report to them when Katherine and Alex were leaving for their date, and then Cain and Juliet would bump into them 'accidentally'.

An hour later, the plan was set in motion. Cain had to admit that Juliet had never looked more stunning, and he was ready to leave.

Juliet raised a well groomed eyebrow. "Cain? Do you need to go shit or something? What are you waiting for?"

Cain shot her a glare and waited for his phone to ring.

Juliet rolled her eyes. "Listen, I don't like being late, okay? If it's a party, then twenty or thirty minutes late is fine. But an entire hour is too much."

Cain nodded absently.

"Are you even listening to me, shit-for-brains?"

Oh god, why are we even trying to set Alex up with this demon? He was about to mouth off at her when his phone rang. He quickly cut it and grabbed Juliet's hand. "Fine. You win. Let's go."

They walked down the corridor, and Cain nearly squealed when Alex was just closing the door with Katherine next to him.

Perfect timing.

He heard a little bump and glanced to the right, at Adam's door. He wanted to laugh when a bunch of eyeballs were struggling to peep through the large eye hole of the door.

Could they be any more subtle?

He felt Juliet stiffen when she caught sight of Alex and Katherine, and Alex himself caught sight of Juliet and paused.
Cain nearly grinned.

Shit was about to go down.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.