S I X T Y F O U R

- Juliet's POV -

Maya had had a miscarriage.

She was currently in the hospital, being taken care of. The miscarriage was very sudden and unexpected, and all the doctor said was, "chromosomal abnormality."

Lara was sitting there in the waiting room, with Juliet next to her. Lia was getting Lara and herself a coffee, chips for Juliet.

They were quiet for some time. And then Lara said, "I'm sorry."

Juliet slowly looked at her. "For what?"

"For pushing myself at you," Lara said, hoarsely. "For emotionally manipulating you. For being so controlling and jealous when we were together. I realise that now, how unfair I was to you. Keeping you chained to me." She laughed a little, a tear running down her cheek. "God, I was a pain. I'm so sorry for what I did. I behaved horribly, like an immature clingy child." Her lips wobbled.

And Juliet smiled lightly, and said, "it's okay, Lara. I forgive you. And I'm sorry for being a witch to you. I know I wasn't very nice to you sometimes during our relationship. I apologise for being snappy."

Lara smiled at Jules through her tears. "It's okay. I deserved it."

Juliet said, hesitantly, "Can I ask - what was Maya exactly doing at your fashion show? She is usually never interested in them."

"She came to see me for something," Lara replied vaguely.

"For what?"

Lara blurted, "Maya and I are dating."

Silence.

Juliet blinked. "You two are what now?"

Lara inhaled. "After what happened with you, I ran into Maya at a cafe. We got to talking, and I dropped her off, and then... I don't know. She kissed me. And I kissed her back. And we've been dating since then." Lara blushed. "Maya really is something." She glanced at Juliet guiltily. "She told me about how she cheated on you. She was really sorry and regretted it. She said that she changed and wanted to continue as friends."

"I'll tell her that I would like that too, once she's awake," Juliet said softly.

Lara smiled.

Juliet grinned, suddenly filled with fondness for her two exes. "Ahhhh. I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thanks." Lara said, grinning, "so, how's your lover boy, Alex?"

Juliets grin dropped. "Oh, you know," Juliet said, her voice a little thick, "we broke up." She smiled sadly.

Lara gaped. "Why?"

"He thought I cheated on him, when in reality, I was just forcibly kissed by this boy who my parents love."

Lara said angrily, "that bastard Alex and I are going to talk soon."

Juliet said, "please, don't."

"Are you sure? I can curse in German at him, and even cry since I'm great at it. It will guilt him - "

"Please don't, Lara."

Lara sighed. "Fine."

Juliet hesitated before asking, "May I ask - What about Nikolai?"

"Oh. Him," Lara said with disgust in her tone. "Maya ended it with his sorry behind. She realised that he did not really love her. She told him that she couldn't stand the thought of marrying someone who would forever love the mirror more than her."