TWENTY NINE

- Juliet's POV -

It was day three, approximately ten degrees celsius, and they were going skiing in some resort.

The school had booked rooms at a hotel which was - Juliet had to admit - pretty great. Their interior designing was amazing. It was something worth noticing.

She was rooming with Nyssa, and hated to admit to herself that she missed Cole's annoying presence. His constant awful voice singing just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep - 

Unfortunately, she didn't think that highly anymore during breakfast when he kept bugging her to put in a good word for him with Jennifer Holden, an American model and yoga instructor with blonde hair and blue eyes. Who was also a good friend of Juliet's.

Apparently, you made great friends with people when you both complained about skirts and flip flops and math.

Math was a great way to bring two people together.

You know what was the funniest thing? Alex loved math. He was brilliant with numbers. Could do it within a matter of seconds. You know what he was even better at? Being an arsehole about it.

"If people used their brains, maybe they'd be able to do math."

Juliet shot him a glare. "And maybe if people used a little bit of their common sense, they'd see that math isn't everything. People are good at other things too."

Alex had made an annoyed noise and turned away. She scowled at the back of his stupid head.

Currently, everyone was waiting in line to ski. There was excitement everywhere.

Everywhere except the region near Alex and Hailey. The reasons?

Alex refused to ski and made faces when asked.

Hailey was worried her hair would be messy. She had, after all, worked very hard on her hair and make-up that morning. Juliet had to admit, Hailey looked amazing that morning.

And Juliet was nervous and happy at the same time when they all got into the lifts. Alex and Hailey watched from afar.

Juliet was terrified. She had never wanted to pee her pants more. And she voiced it out to her friends loudly so that they could hear, and then added, "but don't worry. My name is Juliet, not Cole."

Everyone had burst out laughing while Cole glared at her and said, "you are so unattractive to me right now."

Juliet rolled her eyes.

But then it was time to ski.

And so ski she did.

***

"That was amazing!" Juliet shrieked, grinning widely. Hailey and Alex were waiting for everyone at the bottom, along with Mr Callaghan and Miss Colin.

Hailey scoffed. "Don't be so extra."

Juliet grinned at her and said, "you can't ruin my excitement today, munchkin! Because that was the most exhilarating thing ever."

She skipped over to Alex, put her hands on his shoulders, saying, "you should've come skiing with us. You would have liked it, I think."

"I doubt that," he replied coldly.

She shook her head. "Don't be such a buzzkill, Lex." She smacked him arm lightly.

He sighed.

Around four pm, everyone went outside to start a snowball fight. Juliet nearly tripped over her feet as she went to join them. She also dragged an unenthusiastic Alex with her.