FOUR

- Juliet's POV -

"HOW IS EVERYBODY?" Juliet asked softly, a smile on her lips.

Hansel answered back, "they're okay." She heard yelling in the back, and then a chorus of a lot of people yelling WE MISS YOU!

Juliet laughed. "Aw. Do you assholes actually miss me? How nice."

"Come back, Jules!" Someone whined loudly. "We don't have any more party animals here. Lila is pathetic when it comes to drinking. She's a lightweight."

Juliet heard an angry Lila mouthing off at someone, and then a large thump!

Someone cleared their throat. Lila spoke: "That was Hans. I apologise for his stupidity, Jules."

Juliet heard Hans mutter, "Ow."

Jules laughed again. "That's okay. You just keep our honour, Lila. If I'm not there to drink up the liquor cabinet, then you must carry on my legacy."

"You got it, mädchen."

God she missed all of them so much. Out of all the boarding schools, the one in Germany - St. Friedrich - was the most beloved of all.

"So," Juliet asked gingerly, picking at her sweater, "am I on speaker?"

"Yeah," Hansel answered. "There's only me, Hans, Lila, and Mathieu. Lila kicked the others out."

"Hallo, Mathieu!" Juliet called out.

"Hallo, Juliet!" He answered back cheerfully.

"So," Juliet answered, dragging out her words, "How is...everyone?"

She could literally feel Hansel and Lila smiling at each other. Hansel answered, "Maya is okay."

Juliet frowned. So maybe they weren't smiling. Why weren't they smiling? Did something happen to Maya? Was she safe? Did something happen to her? "Are you guys okay? You sound off."

Lila cleared her throat. "Yeah. We're fine. So. Have you seen your brother yet? Any new friends ready to replace us?"

Juliet laughed, ignoring their sober and serious tones from five seconds ago. The moment had passed. "Nathan is still his superior, golden-child self. And his friends are... interesting. I doubt that they'll ever replace you, though," she told them.

"Aw, Joo-lee," Hans said. She could picture his eyes twinkling and his head tilting to the side.

"Yes, Hanny?"

"You'll never replace me, right?" Hans asked. "I'm unique?"

"Of course you are, Hanny," Juliet said, nodding to herself. "You are my one true love."

Lila laughed. "As if. I'm the one you truly love."

Juliet could hear Mathieu chuckling. "We all know Hansel is her favorite."

Actually, Mathieu was her favourite.

Juliet could practically see Hansel beaming. "Of course I am. I don't know why you're all surprised."

Juliet cooed at them, "look at you four, trying to be my favorite. Isn't this adorable."

"Fuck you, Ashton," Hans informed.

"Thanks, Hanny. How kind of you to say so." Suddenly, there was a knocking at her door.

"Open up the bloody door! We haven't got all day!"

"Nyssa! Manners!"

Juliet heard Marie and Nyssa bickering behind her door and sighed. "Two of the girls from Nathan's group are here. I'll call you guys later?"