FIFTY

- Juliet's POV -

"Where's Nathan?" Juliet mumbled, her eyes still bleary from her unexpected nap. It was December twenty first. Tomorrow was the last day of school before holidays for Christmas started.

Exams had happened. Football games had been won. Alex had been worshipped. Juliet had been praised for her essays. The christmas tree had been decorated.

Juliet's room was the current hang-out. She invited Nyssa, Adam, Nathan, Cain, Alex, Marie, Marie's friend, Torin, Emilio, Cole, Vans, Kaito, Varian, and Daniel to come and "hangout".

That was a lot of people.

Juliet found Daniel on social media later on and invited him to come, and he hesitantly agreed. Apparently, he had been studying in Carlton for a while now. She just never noticed him.

Nyssa and Marie were decorating the tree. Adam was reading. Cain, Vans, and Cole were trying to bake and cook. Torin and Emilio were playing checkers. Kaito was playing candy crush on his phone while Varian played Clash of Clans.

Good god.

Daniel was running late. Nathan vanished. And Alex was supposed to arrive any minute. Juliet was simply lying on the couch, staring at nothing, absent-mindedly thinking of Alex's joke the other day while stroking Typhon's sleeping head.

Alex had become bolder with her, more open. She liked that he felt more comfortable around her now.

She thought of his black hair, which he had cut yesterday. It was now cropped, cut neatly. Shorter on the sides and a little longer on the top.

Your typical boy haircut.

His dark brown eyes. Always warm. Always constantly the same color.

His voice. Deep and smooth.

And his new glasses.

He had trouble seeing the words on the black board the other day and when he went for an eye check-up, he realised that he needed glasses. He had thick dark frames now, square-ish glasses.

The doorbell rang, and Typhon looked up, his ears interested.

"I'll get it," Varian volunteered. He opened the door and said, "oh hey, Alex."

"Hello," Alex said warmly. Alex liked Varian now - the intense dislike had vanished. She didn't blame Alex. He didn't take well to strangers. She remembered how he was to her when she first came. A cold, stubborn arsehole.

Not that that has change...

A smile pulled at her lips.

Alex put his coat on the rack and cleaned his glasses with a piece of cloth. After putting them back on, the adorable nerd glanced at her and grinned. She grinned back.

He went to sit next to her. She snuggled closer to him, and he wrapped an arm around her as she leaned up to kiss him.

"Hello," she said.

"Hello."

"What took you so long?"

"I was having a call with my father," he said.

"This long?"

"That happens when your father is angry with you."

"Why was he angry?"

"Because I sold my company."

Juliet gaped.

"You did what?" Nyssa dropped a decoration and it fell softly on the floor. Adam looked up, shock in his bespectacled blue eyes.