FOURTEEN

So that's what Nyssa Camden, Adam's twin sister and Alex's half sister looks like ^

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- Juliet's POV -

She took her seat and Alex sat across her. This feels like a date. Is it a date? Am I allowed to flirt? Why is everything on the menu so bloody expensive? Did I switch the lights off at home? Why do I feel like running to the washroom and never coming out again?

"This is expensive, isn't it," Juliet commented lightly.

He raised an eyebrow. "I doubt that would be a problem for you. It's not like your family isn't rich."

"It isn't. But that doesn't mean I was given a huge allowance when I was at my boarding schools. I wasn't raised rich. I'm used to it, yes; but I notice when something is expensive and when something is not."

"If you say so." He looked at the menu and made a face. "Why is everything French?"

Juliet cracked a smile. "You did take us to a French restaurant."

He glanced at her. "Do you like French food?"

"Just because I like croissants doesn't mean I'll like everything else. So, eh." She narrowed her eyes.

"I thought you'd like French food," he muttered to himself. "The other girls seemed to love French food and Italian cars."

Juliet was amused. "The other girls? I thought you didn't date much?"

"Not voluntarily," he grumbled. "My step mother sets me up on dates with these girls," he said with disgust written all over his face. "I can't exactly say no to her, or else I'll be deemed ungrateful and suffer her whining on why can't I just find a steady girlfriend already? Is something wrong with me?"

Juliet laughed. "Who knew you'd have girl problems."

He glared at her. "I hope you have love problems. And lots of them."

"Love problems?"

"Who knows what gender you prefer," he shrugged carelessly, still frowning.

Juliet paused. Atleast he isn't ignorant to the fact that other sexualities exist. This made Juliet smile. "Are you sure you want to eat here?"

He paused. Then he said, "it's up to you. If you want to stay, then we can stay.'

"What do you want to do?" Juliet insisted.

He thought about it. "I want to eat somewhere else."

Juliet stood up. "Thank god. Let's leave."

***
- Juliet's POV -

"Where are you taking us?"

Juliet smiled as she parked his car. "Pablo's. An Italian restaurant." She glanced at him hesitantly. "We can go somewhere else if you don't like Italian."

He actually seemed to be a little relieved. "No. I love Italian."

"So do I."