FORTY EIGHT

- Juliet's POV -

Juliet was boiling.

Amanda - who knows how she got her info - sent her a picture of Coriander bitch sitting on Alex's lap. He was frowning, yes, but that was most of the time.

She was so ridiculously mad.

Typhon barked at her. "Not now," Juliet hissed at him, staring at the image.

She suddenly saw someone's instagram story, and they were in a party. She read the writing. "Waiting for the team to come and party with us ;))."

The team. Alex would probably be there too.

Juliet smiled suddenly.

She would go to this party too, and show Alex exactly what he missed out on tonight.

She called Nyssa. "Nyss. We're going to a party. Dress up hot."

***

Juliet felt invincible. She was dressed in snug, high waisted jeans that showed off her athletic legs, and a black, full sleeved crop top that showed off a bit of her slim waist, and shoulders.

Her short blonde hair was straight and tucked behind her ears. She put on a little more makeup than usual, but refrained from foundation. Just some mascara, lipstick, and thin eyeliner.

Nyssa was dressed in a halter top and jeans, her brown hair pulled up in a high pony.

The party was... well, like a regular party. Juliet immediately searched for the footy team members.

She asked someone, "did the team arrive yet?"

"I don't think so," the girl said. "I overheard someone on the phone and the football chap said that he was almost here."

"Okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Nyssa said, "are you okay?"

"I'm great."

"Alright then," Nyssa muttered. "I'll go meet up with some friends."

And then they came.

Juliet heard the excited whispers and saw the girls rush towards the entrance. A minute later -

"All hail the Carlton Lions!" Kenneth sang loudly in his deep voice. Verona glared at him from where she stood. A little envy in her gaze, a little lust, a little hate, and a little yearning.

"All hail!" Everyone cheered back loudly. "All hail!"

All of the team members were hailed like gods. Alex came in last, and everybody chanted his name when he came in.

ALEX! ALEX! ALEX! ALEX! AL -

Juliet felt as though she had stepped into that one movie - what was it called? There was a lion named Alex and then a zebra named Marty and a giraffe and a hippo who had the hots for each other.

Juliet turned away and sat at the bar, brooding. Suddenly, this all seemed like a bad idea. What was she even going to do? What was she going to say? It seemed silly now. She didn't think this through.

A boy approached Juliet. "Hey there."

"Hello," she replied drily.

"So, uh," he blushed a little, "I think you're really pretty and I'm attracted to you and I've heard you're really smart so I was wondering if you could give me your number?" He blushed a bright pink.