F I F T Y S I X

This chapter will be very very long and very very momentous. Also note: I'm horrible at writing smut so pls don't come @ me thanks 👍

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- Juliet's POV -

She was still wearing her golden dress.

Jazz music played, and Juliet was in Alex's arms. They danced slowly. The balcony doors were open, cool snowy air rushing in. The lights were off.

Typhon was at Daniel's for the time being, who was more than happy to look after the cute little husky.

"What did you think the first time you saw me?" Juliet asked.

"Ugly."

She smacked him.

He chuckled. "Arrogance. You walked into that party with the arrogance and self assurance of a lion."

Juliet said, "do you see that as a flaw?"

"Yes and no. You're not always arrogant. And when you are, you don't really mean it."

Juliet said, "When I first saw you, I thought tall and that you didn't seem to smile much."

"I smile," he protested.

"Now that I came into your life you do," she sniffed.

He kissed her head. "That is true."

She smiled, content and giddy. She loved this boy. He suddenly pulled her really close and kissed her on the mouth, catching her off guard.

"I love you," he murmured against her lips. She wanted to scream with happiness.

"I love you too." They continued kissing, and then something odd happened.

Alex slowly led them to her bedroom, shutting the door behind him. She broke away to give him a questioning look, but he hushed her with a kiss.

She slowly took off his jacket, and glanced at him. He didn't stop her. When her hands undid his tie, he didn't push her away. When she took off his shirt, he didn't still.

She stopped hesitantly. "Alex..?" They were breathing heavily.

"Yes?" His brown eyes were swirling with - she didn't know what to call it. Complete, undivided attention and a teensy bit of nervousness?

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," he said, staring into her green eyes. She blinked.

And then a few seconds later, they were both nearly undressed, left only in their underwear as Alex peeled off her dress.

He lowered her onto her bed. Kissed her on her jaw. Her neck.

Juliet shivered.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked her suddenly. He looked like he was ready to pull back even if she looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Yes."

That night, everything was a mess of touseled black hair, blonde hair, and white sheets.

***

Juliet opened her eyes.

Morning light filtered in through her large windows. The air was cool from the snow. She clutched the white blankets to herself closer. Then she remembered what happened last night. She slowly turned to find Alex fast asleep. She stared at him like the creep she was.