TWENTY SEVEN

- Juliet's POV -

"Hey Alex," the tramp greeted warmly.

"Alexander," Juliet corrected her. "That's Alexander to you."

"My bad." She focused on Alex again. "You wanna dance? They're starting some really nice songs soon."

"No," Alex said curtly.

Juliet wanted to cackle.

Korianne simply didn't give up. "Alright then. Mind if I sit here?"

"Yes. We mind," Juliet supplied.

Korianne finally acknowledged Juliet with a glare. "I wasn't talking to you."

"Yes, but I was talking to you," Juliet explained kindly.

"Mind your business," Korianne sneered.

"I don't have any business, so I'm minding Alex's. But he doesn't mind. Does he?"

Alex shook his head gently. "No." He had a faint, amused smile on his face.

Juliet smiled smugly. "Good bye, coriander."

Korianne huffed. "I don't understand why you prefer her company over mine."

"I'm not pushy?" Juliet supplied.

Alex made a sound that sounded like he could disagree with that.

Juliet glared at him. "You want to say something, Alexander?"

He sobered up and shook his head. "No."

"Smart." Juliet focused on the tramp again. "Just leave."

Korianne said smugly, "It's not like you're prettier than me."

Oh god, she was still on that? "Fine. I'm ugly. But aleast I don't dip my head in makeup and wear that to a simple school dinner," Juliet said.

Korianne blushed and glared. "Listen you little - "

"Good bye," Alex interrupted rudely, ignoring her existence and turning to Juliet.

Juliet wanted to grin like a madwoman. She saluted Korianne.

Korianne huffed under her breath and left.

"You're welcome," Juliet sang.

Alex rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure I saved you from her."

Juliet narrowed her eyes.

Alex corrected, "not that you need saving. I was the extra support."

Juliet chuckled, leaning her arm on his. "Lucky me."

It started snowing heavier now, and the wind blew stronger too. It was in the middle of October for gods sake.

Suddenly Mr Callaghan appeared out of nowhere and announced, "students! We've just received word from the headmaster and it seems to be that a blizzard is going to hit us. I urge all of you to please stay together and do anything possible to stay warm during the blizzard."

Someone muttered something obscene, causing laughter to ripple out.

Mr Callaghan scowled. "There will be no banging in the tents!"

Juliet muffled her laughter by burying her face Alex's shoulder. He stiffened for a second, and then relaxed.

Mr Callaghan continued. "We will supply extra blankets to keep you warm. You may use them in whatever manner you want. Just stay safe. And wear warm clothing please. Or atleast just clothing. I beg of you. No nudity in the tents."