SEVEN

- Juliet's POV -

THE DAYS PASSED WITH a tiny burst of color. Everyday, someone seemed to be getting into trouble. Mostly, it was Cain.

They now sat in the Commons, reading up on whatever they needed to. The Commons was enormous. The floor was wooden, the walls were shades of brown and red, lush carpets decorated the room, and circular sofas littered the hall - around thirty or forty of them.

Juliet's group occupied the one in the far right corner.

Pool tables were placed near the front, around five dartboards graced a portion of the wall, and three long tables covered half of the room which were intended to play board games on, or study or eat. A few other accessories furnished the room, and the walls were covered with book-filled shelves. The circular sofas were spacious and had a small table in the middle.

Juliet was reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, and jesusfuckingchrist.

Nyssa was solving a few problems from mathematics, and her forehead crinkled in concentration (*eyes squinted* "what the fuck does this mean? Why is this plus here? Where did that minus go?"); Cain and Adam were playing chess, and Cain was losing very badly ("GODAMNIT!"); Alex was on his laptop, obviously working, and didn't speak to anyone; and Marie was helping Nathan with his French. ("In this scenario it's Mon amie, Nathan! Not 'ma' amie - 'mon'.")

"This is unfair!" Cain whined suddenly. "You're cheating!"

"I'm not cheating, Cain," Adam said calmly. "I always play fair."

"Are you saying I'm bad at this?"

"No," Adam said innocently, "you just need more practise. After that, you'll easily defeat me."

"Are you making fun of me, Adam?"

"I'd never."

Nyssa chuckled. "Don't make fun of Cain, Ad. He'll cry like the little baby he is."

"I don't cry," Cain hissed.

Nathan cleared his throat, looking a little amused. "Last year - we all watched Titanic - you had a little too much rum - cried your arse off and sobbed how Jack and Rose were just perfect for each other!"

"Nooo why did he have to die!?" Nyssa pretended to sob.

Adam joined in too. "Why would you guys make me watch this?!"

Even Alex - the god of misery and gloom - cracked a small smile.

Cain glared at all of them. "Those two were perfect for each other! Perfect! Don't you dare insult them!"

Nyssa suppressed a smile. "He's right. You can't do that to him. He's the king of the world!"

Everybody, including Juliet, laughed.

Cain sulked and folded him arms petulantly.

"I'm divorcing all of you."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .